Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Scariest/funniest drunken experience?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, this probably has been done before but I searched and it wasn't in the first two pages. I'm not looking through 35. :/

So what's your scariest and/or funniest drunken experience?

My scariest would be the first time I got absolutely wasted on vodka. Everything was lopsided and I lurched from pub to pub to pub. Then I was in a taxi. Then I was beside the loo. I don't remember the in-between bits.

Next thing, it was 12 noon, my passport was in my shoe (I was in England), my clothes still on me, I was strewn across the floor in the computer room and my glasses were missing.

Just hit home to me how scary it was losing all control due to drink. And then a year later, in the same town, I sliced my foot open and ended up in A&E all night. :/

The funniest? Hmmm, the most recent one is me falling at the weekend, trying to be all cool and sophis shaking my ass in heels. I'm doing my thing, oh I'm sexy....why am I on the floor?

Good thing is....no one else remebers but me. And probably the person I fell on, cuz I think there was one.

And dear god...the bruise on my back. Ouuuuch :eek2:

You?

Comments

• Options
    The scariest was probably waking up in bed with my friend's mum after I went to a party at her house. It took months till she (my mate) spoke to me again :(

Funniest was crashing the very exclusive, very posh VIP lounge at Manchester airport, drinking about £100 worth of free spirits (it was a self serve place). Then a lady approached me and my friends and asked if we had an invite. I told her i thought you just had to pay 'a tenner'. She replied 'we don't use words like that here, please drink up & leave'.

So as we rolled out we took a full bottle of vodka and some gin from the bar :)
  • Options
    Last winter we were in town having a drink and we were all feeling quite pissed. As it was closing time we decided to head up to the nights the Jesus Army used to put on (eg. small room. thumping hardcore/hard house and a small gathering of people) 'cos we knew some of our mates were up there (I'd also like to add this was also the first time I'd ever tried LSD and I was just beginning to feel the effects as we got to the Jesus Army centre. :p)

But anyway we got outside and saw a shitload of people all stood about and getting rowdy, we walked into the middle of it all to see a few of our mates all shouting their mouths to some randoms. Turned out there'd been a little argument that escalated and ended up in both parties calling back up from their 'crus', and the fight that erupted after we arrived was fucking madness! Worst bit was is because I was tripping I didn't have a clue who my mates' mates were, and who were the 'enemy'!

All in all it was pretty funny ('specially when some nutter who thought he was hard got out of his car to go and smack some kid and got the seven shades of shit kicked out of him - teach him to mind his business in future I guess :o), but at the same time a bit fucked up watching a full scale fight erupt right in front of my eyes. :p
  • Options
    Re: Scariest/funniest drunken experience?
    Originally posted by eefs

My scariest would be the first time I got absolutely wasted on vodka. Everything was lopsided and I lurched from pub to pub to pub. Then I was in a taxi. Then I was beside the loo. I don't remember the in-between bits

Yep..... that sounds like a normal Friday night

hic! :naughty:
  • Options
    seriously it was registering to use this board
  • Options
    Ah but it was my first time. So I was quite scared. Kept trying to snap myself out of it by going to the loo and trying to read those ads on the doors. "If you can read it, you're sober".....

"uuusee contra...contra-....oof, my bag..ground"
  • Options
    Shouldnt this be in the Drugs section?
  • Options
    Scariest is either when i sliced off part of my finger when i dropped a drain grate on it (that'll teach me to be community minded) or a few weeks later when i accidently hit my head on a low ceiling and it bled a lot.
  • Options
    Should it? I wasn't thinking but is alcohol considered a drug by the mods? If it should, by all means...move it.
  • Options
    Funniest - probably the night of my 18th. Got my drinks playfully spiked by my pals all night, downed shitloads of absinthe, vodka, whisky, the lot.

I even started smoking ciggies the wrong way round and burning my mouth on hot ash :eek:

Ended up face down in my own vomit in my mates flat shouting "Phone the police, there's been a murder!"

Scariest - works night out earlier this year. I was working late, thus drinking to catch up. Ended up strawpedoing about 5 Smirnoff Ices in as many minutes and crazy stuff like that.

Ended up collapsing, rushed to hopsital. I was convinced somebody had spiked my drink with acid, for some reason.

Maybe wasn't that scary for me, but my pal asked the ambulance guy if I was gonna be OK, and he told her he didn't know.

Either that night, or the other week when I got mugged. Although I wasn't really that drunk that night.

*waits to get told off by the alcohol Nazi*
  • Options
    scariest: downing about 4 juice glasses of vodka in something like 30seconds... needless to say i dont remember much, i do however remember waking up in the bath and being locked in the bathroom, so i went and started bashing my head on the tap and crying for someone to let me out...blood everywhere.

funniest: hmmm, would have to be the time i hadnt drank in ages then drank about 4double shots of bacardi, i kept giggling and trying to snog one of my mates who i fancied at the time...then getting out the car by his and dancing in the street singing very loudly....then trying to act sober when the mounted police came round and i decided it might be a nice idea to go stroke the horseys :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Last time I got properly pissed was on a field trip to Hungary. I ended up lying on the floor with my girl mate that was as drunk as i was. Couldn't move around much, since i downed a lot of vodka, whiskey, beer, and tequilla. All the same night, in a span of maybe 2 hours. Let's just say that i don't remember what i did with my friend (no, we didn't have sex). I just don't remember what did happen. I wish i didn't get that drunk.

Didn't feel sick afterwards... That's the funny part.
  • Options
    i dont see why it should be moved

afterall not everyones scary experience has been alcohol related
  • Options
    Originally posted by dave_oliver
    The scariest was probably waking up in bed with my friend's mum after I went to a party at her house. It took months till she (my mate) spoke to me again :(

Eek you went to bed with your mates mum? :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by **sugar**
    Eek you went to bed with your mates mum? :crazyeyes

Yeah, it was a very messy night. I've been forgiven now, just not allowed round the house anymore :(
  • Options
    Yeah, it was a very messy night. I've been forgiven now, just not allowed round the house anymore :(

Eek i see, its scary how when your drunk craaazy things happen :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Eek i see, its scary how when your drunk craaazy things happen :crazyeyes

It is indeed, this is the reason I'm trying to drastically cut my alcohol intake :)
  • Options
    Also, I've never been arrested when I've been sober but plenty of times when I'm drunk.

Nothing worse than waking up in the cells with a hangover and not a clue what your being charged with :eek2:
  • Options
    Also, I've never been arrested when I've been sober but plenty of times when I'm drunk.

Nothing worse than waking up in the cells with a hangover and not a clue what your being charged with :eek2:

Yes, i know exactly how you feel, the amount of times ive been drunk and the next day get told some of the things that happen, which i didn't have a clue about :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Now I tend to go out and not get absolutely leathered, believe me its so much more enjoyable :)
  • Options
    Yes, i know exactly how you feel, the amount of times ive been drunk and the next day get told some of the things that happen, which i didn't have a clue about :crazyeyes

Thing is, we do it again and again.

I've come pretty fucking close to something very, very serious happening to me on a drunken night out a few times. It probably scares me for a day or two, but not as much as it probably should. And then on the next Friday night we're all out again and it's all forgotten.

I really do sometimes wonder what it'll take to properly scare me into watching myself more, because however much I think I am, I aint invincible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I really do sometimes wonder what it'll take to properly scare me into watching myself more, because however much I think I am, I aint invincible.

I've had some very scary experiences, it just ain't worth it, I want to have fun on a night out not regret something I did pissed up for the rest of my days.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Thing is, we do it again and again.

I've come pretty fucking close to something very, very serious happening to me on a drunken night out a few times. It probably scares me for a day or two, but not as much as it probably should. And then on the next Friday night we're all out again and it's all forgotten.

yep thats so true, ive had some bad things happen to me, and my friends before when we are pissed, but still seem to do the same each time we are out :rolleyes:
    yeah i know what you mean about what could it take to make you be more careful, thats scary thinking about it.