Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

ALternative clubbers?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok it seems this section is consumed by dance/trance/hardcore etc wheres all the alternative clubbers

Rock/Metal/Goth/Ska/EMB etc etc there must be some peeps here
.matt

p.s. chavs need not reply.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I like me ska and reggae.
  • Options
    im a raver who also frequents alternative clubs.

Not to keen on TOO MUCH ska, but most alternative clubs are cool.

Anything but fuckin RNB

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

...:D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    I've recently been to a few ska/2 tone events in Bournemouth, but really I'm a raver at heart.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Re: ALternative clubbers?
    Originally posted by intrigue
    Ok it seems this section is consumed by dance/trance/hardcore etc wheres all the alternative clubbers

Rock/Metal/Goth/Ska/EMB etc etc there must be some peeps here
    .matt

p.s. chavs need not reply.

maybe cos most alternative nights seem to be the same no matter how amny times you go?

having said that i've ahd many a good time over at rock city in nottingham and jilly's in manchester.
  • Options
    Re: Re: ALternative clubbers?
    Originally posted by Maladjusted
    maybe cos most alternative nights seem to be the same no matter how amny times you go?

having said that i've ahd many a good time over at rock city in nottingham and jilly's in manchester.
    if you dont like that kind of music then it will seem the same as is the way i percieve Dance and Rave events always seems full of pillheads and people that cant handle their drinking and feel the way to end an evening is to have a scrap!

Although the amount of pills that are available at some of the alternative clubs i go to is dissapointing.

.matt
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Re: Re: ALternative clubbers?
    Dance and Rave events always seems full of pillheads and people that cant handle their drinking and feel the way to end an evening is to have a scrap!

Not in my experience. I've only ever seen any real violence at the large hardcore events such as Slammin. The smaller events I go to generally have very few piss heads and no fights.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've never seen a fight in a club anywhere in the world.

I've seen quite a few outside pubs, but not in or outside of clubs.
  • Options
    Intrigue how much shite are you talking? Just because someone attends raves doesn't mean they can't handle their drink or drugs, that's a complete load of bollocks. Sure you get some dicks in attendance, but it's the same with every scene.

Like, some of the people who attend metal/goth nights are self-righteous pretentious wankers, but then again some are really sound.

Just because you don't like raves, don't make the ravers a bunch of shandy pilled-up lightweights.. much. ;)

On topic, I've been to a couple of rock/metal nights and couldn't really get into it even when I was pissed, enjoyed the cheesy 80's pop music room though. :D Give me hardcore, a dark, sweaty room and thousands of people chewing themselves to oblivion anyday!
  • Options
    Since when does ska get played at metal clubs? :confused: I don't think you ever get metal at ska/reggae clubs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Since when does ska get played at metal clubs? :confused: I don't think you ever get metal at ska/reggae clubs.

Wasn't referring to ska, more to the genres listed in the original post. Never attended a ska event, nor do I listen to it at all so I couldn't comment. Partial to a bit of reggae though.
  • Options
    I was commenting on the original poster including ska with goth and metal. I suspect he means ska-punk and not ska.
    Bet he ain't got any Culture Shock records though.

</patronising old git mode>
  • Options
    yeah, that's what he meant, as you get tons of ska-punk/pop-punk at most rock and metal nights.

intrigue -

in case you missed the bit about me spending many a night having a good time at jillys and rock city, i am into that type of music and have been for a long time before i got into dance music.

by it all ebing the same, i eman that the dj's are always the same, always tend to get the same regular crowd, a certain bunch of songs will be gauranteed to be played no matter how old it is.

dunno what kinda people you know but pille dup people are the least likely people i know to be having a scrap in/after a night's clubbing! :lol: much more likely at a rock night cos of the amount of drinking that goes with it.

thaere are assholes with every scene. much like i dislike the funky hsoue scene and emo kids cos as a generalisation they're all up their own arses and concerned with looking cool/having exactly the rihgt look.
  • Options
    if you dont like that kind of music then it will seem the same as is the way i percieve Dance and Rave events always seems full of pillheads and people that cant handle their drinking and feel the way to end an evening is to have a scrap!

Although the amount of pills that are available at some of the alternative clubs i go to is dissapointing.
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Intrigue how much shite are you talking? Just because someone attends raves doesn't mean they can't handle their drink or drugs, that's a complete load of bollocks. Sure you get some dicks in attendance, but it's the same with every scene.

Like, some of the people who attend metal/goth nights are self-righteous pretentious wankers, but then again some are really sound.

Just because you don't like raves, don't make the ravers a bunch of shandy pilled-up lightweights.. much. ;)

On topic, I've been to a couple of rock/metal nights and couldn't really get into it even when I was pissed, enjoyed the cheesy 80's pop music room though. :D Give me hardcore, a dark, sweaty room and thousands of people chewing themselves to oblivion anyday!

Yeah sorry i guess thats the abuse i take from these types of people that makes me put them in one group when the fact is i go to both types of scene frequently as although i prefer the alternative world i do also like some cheese nights and know a lot of friends who are into dance music.

The fact the you said people chewing themselves into oblivion kinda proves a poitn about the pills though, i mean dont get me wrong i dont really have a problem with it its just all this flase gay loving it turns people into doing that annoys me.

Someone here said they'd never seen scraps well i hadnt until i started going to "towny" places (hate that word). I saw a guy get kicked in and head split open before the bouncers could get to him, theres places where chairs have been thrown etc. Where as i havent seen a single fight at an alternative club even with all these emo pretensious wankers that are in their.
    Most people at these places are used to getting pushed into etc so theres no "watch where ya fucking going" which i have had at "towny places".

As for prentensious people well yes quite rightly the are available no matter what scene you are in but like i said, for violence i ahve only seen it in "towny" places. Guys asking to fight me outside twice within a month have both been in towny places, evidentally neither would come meet me outside even though they asked me to but thats a different story.

.matt
  • Options
    yeah, that's what he meant, as you get tons of ska-punk/pop-punk at most rock and metal nights.

intrigue -
    by it all ebing the same, i eman that the dj's are always the same, always tend to get the same regular crowd, a certain bunch of songs will be gauranteed to be played no matter how old it is.

dunno what kinda people you know but pille dup people are the least likely people i know to be having a scrap in/after a night's clubbing! :lol: much more likely at a rock night cos of the amount of drinking that goes with it.

Yeah well your right the pills heads generally wanna be your best mate but it still doesnt take away the beer heads i mean i get wasted on occasions and it doesnt turn me into a fight monger which is what it does to a lot of people so it seems.

As for the much more likly at a rock night? i dont know what you base this on but as you said theres the same bunch of people so no its not more likly because a lot of people know each other. It depends what places you go to aswell as places like Retribution seem to have the same croud and same music (which is what id expect at rock city) and places like Mosh although more indie seem to have only a few similar people there each week.
    .matt
  • Options
    what sort of clubs do you mean? cos the nights i go to, hard house, trance etc. don't have any trouble at all, or much people drinking alcohol!

i don't get how you see lots of trouble at "proper" clubs :P

as for people "chewing themselves into oblivion" you get some people who overdo it, same as you get epople at rock ngihts who drink themselves stupid, each to their own. i ike both types of nights.

i dunno about you but alternative nights seem to be a lot less friendly than they did even a few years back. and people lot mroe inetreested in what other people do, looking donw at you if you're nto into the right bands, etc. whihc i've always associated more with other types of music.
  • Options
    what sort of clubs do you mean? cos the nights i go to, hard house, trance etc. don't have any trouble at all, or much people drinking alcohol!

i don't get how you see lots of trouble at "proper" clubs :P

as for people "chewing themselves into oblivion" you get some people who overdo it, same as you get epople at rock ngihts who drink themselves stupid, each to their own. i ike both types of nights.

i dunno about you but alternative nights seem to be a lot less friendly than they did even a few years back. and people lot mroe inetreested in what other people do, looking donw at you if you're nto into the right bands, etc. whihc i've always associated more with other types of music.

Yeah well general dance clubs maybe its just Leicester thats like that but theres 3 main clubs Creation, Life and Zanzibar and its the same throughout them as well as the ever so popular bars that are appearing everywhere.
    Anyways, again im into a discussion where neither of us will win as its two completly different opinions although i do appreciate your point of view as what would be the point in the internet if people didnt express that.

Lastly, i agree with the last paragraph although the same can be said for a lot of music be it pop rock dance as for how people look well jees Life is the worst for that spending 3 hours in the toilet doing your makeup and finding that extra short skirt so you dont look like a munter just seems pointless to me but thats again a different subject.

My main question was is there any alternative peeps here as the clubbing forum was consumbed by dance techno trance etc
    .matt
  • Options
    as stated, i am! not as much as i used to but when i go out with uni mates/mates fomr manchester it's to those sort fo places. astoria is alright too i guess.

as for the clubs you mentioned, they're not dance clubs! :lol: i can see what you mean now if that's what you're basing things on! Zanzibar is a bit of a hole really.

the emproium in coalville i the nearest "proper" club in leicestershire.
  • Options
    Well maybe thats my mistake but you can only judge the people by the city ya living in right and erm well yeah hole is probably the best way to describe it but still thats where a majority of people go
    .matt
  • Options
    bit like me (if i didn't like alternative music) judging everything on stuff like busted and mcfly.

those aren't dance clubs, they're cheese clubs! hence why they're where the majority of people go.
  • Options
    just so everyone knows..

CLUBBERS AND RAVERS ARENT THE SAME THING
  • Options
    ifaw_seal_clubbing_photo.jpg
  • Options
    DSCF0062.JPG
    :lol: / :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    ifaw_seal_clubbing_photo.jpg

:(
  • Options
    i know :(
  • Options
    bastards should be given paper cuts all over their bodies, dipped in lemon juice and then thrown in a bath of battery acid.

not that im vindictive or vengeful
  • Options
    A mate in Brum used to run a night called Club Seal. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    bastards should be given paper cuts all over their bodies, dipped in lemon juice and then thrown in a bath of battery acid.

not that im vindictive or vengeful
    what an interesting concept
    .matt
  • Options
    A mate in Brum used to run a night called Club Seal.

:D evil bastard up here in the midlands :D
  • Options
    I was at Metros Cardiff a few weeks back, twas nasty when I got out at closing time, resembled Jumpin Jacks in Harlow. Fighting everywhere! was weird, dosent normally happen. Happens all the time in Jumpin Jacks though....

Bopz
  • Options
    I go to alternative clubs, and apart from at uni (and haven't been their long) I only go to alternative clubs.
    Yep they always play pretty much the same set but i still like the music and the drink is cheap so it's all good.
    And one of the clubs I go to, theres loads of pill heads, i was one, it's not just completley drink.
    Also, only ever seen a couple of fights in them. The worst I seen was to one of my friends, didn't actually see the fight but his face got stamped on and I honestly didn't recognise him for about 5 seconds when I first saw him cuz his face was so fucked up.
    You really should come down to Birmingham for a decent alternative scene, I'm imagining it's not so great in Leicester.