Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Zelda!

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
Wouldn't normally post this kind of thing here, but can the Halo-people do it? About an hour ago I finished Minish Cap... Another amazing chapter.
I love these series...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you did what now?
    Is that gamecube? i want a cube *cries* i shouuld purchase one and a braodband router me thinks
    .matt
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Zelda got a bit tired after Ocorania of time, they seemed to be "You got the master sword... again" ¬_¬

The original was class though, playing through the 2nd set of dungeons as we speak.

I love RPGs, but Ive never seen Zelda as such, its more of an action game.
  • Options
    Zelda = pwnz all
  • Options
    Originally posted by intrigue
    you did what now?
    Is that gamecube? i want a cube *cries* i shouuld purchase one and a braodband router me thinks
    .matt
    No, it's on GBA. We'll have to wait about a year, me thinks, for a new one on the cube.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    No, it's on GBA. We'll have to wait about a year, me thinks, for a new one on the cube.

But least the one on the cube isn't cell shaded again :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    But least the one on the cube isn't cell shaded again :D:D:D:D

I thought the Wind Waker looked amazing. The end battle was great as well. Actually getting to go toe-to-toe with Ganon was briliant.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Infinite
    I thought the Wind Waker looked amazing. The end battle was great as well. Actually getting to go toe-to-toe with Ganon was briliant.

i do like it.. and graphics was amazing but my personal preference i prefer it not to be cell shaded..
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Yeah, cell shading is a bit pants, I mean... He looked like a cartoon character rather than a hardened adventurer. ¬_¬
  • Options
    I thought Windwalker was cool, although I'm only a bit through it. Got my SNES out recently, and started Legend of Zelda again, which is amazing!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Infinite
    I loved that insane laughter... :D

I was put off by cel-shading too at first, but after playing the game I don't think this one would have worked in normal shading.
  • Options
    it looked to cartoony.. but i enjoyed the gameplay and what not....
  • Options
    because of cell-shading, and a few other factors that began to portray all of the games to be released for gamecube as childish, i decided to get an xbox.
  • Options
    zelda: the series of awesomeness.

have much love for zelda, ocarina of time got me booted out of college (mainly because i played it non-stop, fishing is so damn addictive!).
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    zelda: the series of awesomeness.

have much love for zelda, ocarina of time got me booted out of college (mainly because i played it non-stop, fishing is so damn addictive!).

did you get the sinking lure? ;) get big eels! :D
  • Options
    yup.

<3 zelda.
  • Options
    the only zelda thats worth it is the begining. the one. the best one. the gold painted zelda game of nes :heart:
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    the only zelda thats worth it is the begining. the one. the best one. the gold painted zelda game of nes :heart:
    Actually, I've started to like the second one more. My only gripe is that it's too hard to level up enough.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name

it's good but zelda 3 is miles better. and i have 2 gold copies of the first one and 2 of the second one.... one of which has my original save file from whenever the game was released (some 14/15 years ago?!)
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    it's good but zelda 3 is miles better. and i have 2 gold copies of the first one and 2 of the second one.... one of which has my original save file from whenever the game was released (some 14/15 years ago?!)
    Old cartridges save with a battery, hasn't it drained after so long?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    Old cartridges save with a battery, hasn't it drained after so long?

i'd have to say no seeing as it's an original save. i know it says '2 years' in the manual but this one's outlasted that by a looooong time.
  • Options
    which was the one with the light and dark world - was that the third or the second?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    which was the one with the light and dark world - was that the third or the second?
    Third, "A link to the past".
    FYI, the original japanese title was "Triforce of the gods", which I have to say I prefer.