Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I CANT beleive it

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went to the shops earlier on tonight and saw at least 3 houses with christmas lights up already :eek2:

are they right or wot ?

Dipshits :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Yes, quite worthy of the title 'dipshit'

Christmas is in DECEMBER not November... Some people just suck.
  • Options
    Re: I CANT beleive it
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I went to the shops earlier on tonight and saw at least 3 houses with christmas lights up already :eek2:

are they right or wot ?

Dipshits :eek2:
    i'm off to bed now ...round here some houses have big lit up name plates ...'croeso sion corn'.
    welcome santa claus ...sad innit.
  • Options
    We never put ours up any earlier than 1st December anytime before that is just plain stupid.
  • Options
    before i go ...the police round here are ...
    'heddlu gogledd cymru' ...it's written on all the cars ...after all these years it stills brings a smile to my face.
  • Options
    The mall had christmas stuff put up before November. The town centre is being made more "christmassy". I also actually heard a Christmas song on the bus recently. :(

The light I don't mind that much as it's dark and depressing up here, but when it starts being connected with Christmas well before December it annoys me.
  • Options
    BHS always seems to start early in Wrexham. My birthday is 21st October and a few days after they had Christmas stuff all over the shop, and the most sickening, happy music ever :yuck:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Lights should not go on until 12 days before Christmas. So ours will not be up til the 13th at the very earliest.

Much before then is :|
  • Options
    thres loads of decorations up in edinburgh already and harvery nichols windows is full of trees and christmasy stuff already

not that i shop in harvey nicks or anything jsut noticed on the way past in the car last night

doubt my house will have decorations at all this year as i just moved and im not sure whats happening for christmas yet :confused:
  • Options
    We always put ours up on 10th December because it is my dad's birthday and it just became a tradition of ours, so we always had something to do on an otherwise boring day, lol.
  • Options
    aye, tis me bro's birthday on the 1st of December so we always put ours up then.

tis always amusing tho to watch one of our neighbours put up all their deccies and lights in the middle of October :yeees:
  • Options
  • Options
    we're putting them up in our halls of residence at the end of next week because we only have 3 weeks left before they close them down for the holidays. We have out christmas party on December 3rd :D
  • Options
    I know, far too early. Although i haven't seen anyone with their christmas lights up yet.

Santa arrived yesterday at the local shopping centre...13th November, it's getting earlier every year.
  • Options
    because we are all eastern european and have our main celebration on christmas eve, my parents used to put up the tree on the night of the 23rd, when we were in bed, and pretend Anolek (the angel) had done it. ahhh. and we believed it.

when we stopped believing, we all used to help put it up, usually on the 23rd, cause christmas eve morning was so hectic getting ready for the evening.

i don't see why they need to go up earlier. the damn things stay up until january anyway. that's quite enough.
  • Options
    Some mong on Ponteland Road up from Cowgate roundabout has put up their Christmas lights. They have every single one of those moving lights, they have a lit sleigh, they have 14 "Happy Christmas" light clusters. And they live on a busy roundabout.

Not only are they tacky and stupid, they are also dangerous. I hope they get hit by a bus.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    the christmas lights in the town I live in are up though (it actually isn't that bad - they bought new ones :D )

Is that plural a typo?:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    We've got the christmas songs on at work already :rolleyes:

I must have fallen asleep and lost seven weeks.
  • Options
    They started 2 saturdays ago. Think of it this way, one hour cd on repeat all day :(

Pure hell I imagine. My sister used to HATE New Look because of that.
  • Options
    Think of it this way, one hour cd on repeat all day :(

That's why sensible people don't work in retail.

I was so glad when I Christmas Temped at Tesco that I worked in the car park for that very reason.
  • Options
    oh how i love working for myself. can listen to any music whenever i want :D:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by TinyTitch
    oh how i love working for myself. can listen to any music whenever i want :D:D
    curious ...working for self doing what exactly?
  • Options
    You should see some of the stuff round Great Notley...bad it is.

Freeport got Bart and Homer Simpson to turn on their lights yesterday. We're playing Christmas songs at work (not very often though...it's an iPod on shuffle).

At actual Christmas we're having a Santa's Grotto in this house thing my boss has...and one of the girls I work with is making me and her Mrs. Santa costumes...fun fun fun.

(Note to Graeme: if you come in and laugh, I will kill you)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    A shop across the street that sells christmas things has been open since mid-October...
    As for the house, I usually build the tree the first Friday night in December and we decorate it (and the house) the next couple of days.
  • Options
    I work at Megashitbowl and it's all Christmassy already. The Christmas parties start next week.

I'm a Scrooge...xmas decorations should go up xmas eve and come down boxing day. Fucking hate Xmas (except the presents and the bacon sausages!)
  • Options
    Portsmouth had nadia turn on the christmas lights last week, along with the football team

honestly as soon as the halloween stuff comes down its xmas stuff
  • Options
    I've seen a couple houses with their christmas decorations up as well. Defintely too early.

My dad and nieces' birthdays are at the end of November; so we always like to get them out of the way before thinking about Christmas. It has always been like tradition for us to put our decorations up on the first Sunday of December instead. Then ya get your count down chocolate calendar. Always loved them :D... still do