Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

how to find out a company's phone number?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going nuts right now, I checked my email to find an electronic invoice from a company called One and One internet for almost £40.. trouble is they've charged me for about 4 domain names I cancelled ages ago.

This has been goig on for almost 2 years now, being charged for domain names I cancelled and then having to phone for refunds, etc.

The company head office is based in slough, any idea where I can find their geographical phone number online, don't want to go through to their 10p per minute line but to someone higher up int he company.

Anyone have any idea what the best legal thing is to do, like in terms of suing them. It's a constant headache to deal with these guys!!

Comments

• Options
    BTW Can anyone recommend a company that will allow a free transfer in for domain names?

I can transfer the domain names out of oneandone for free but some companies will charge to take on the domains, whilst some might be free, knowing that they'll get their money in a years time when it's up for renewal.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Companies House?
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Companies House?

Oh good thinking, they have a website where you can check these things online

I spent about 20 minutes on the phone to some women in Billing, her boss she says has yet walk in the door.

She's trying to tell me I got charged cos I only cancelled the domain names 2 days before they were due to be renewed.

When in fact I cancelled many of them over a year ago.

She then has the cheek to ask me to call back in 30 minutes and maybe the boss will be there.

I told her to call me back and left my phone number, but who knows if they will call.
  • Options
    i had no end of trouble with 1&1. stopped using them because they were pains. The only number i could ever get hold of was their 08* number.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TinyTitch
    i had no end of trouble with 1&1. stopped using them because they were pains. The only number i could ever get hold of was their 08* number.

well they've not called back and I'm on holiday from tomorrow for 2 weeks so will write them a letter, I now at least know the name of the guy who runs the billing dept.