Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Bad Santa

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Saw this last night. Thought it was really funny-nice to see a not so sentimental xmas film. Would recommend it!

My bro though billy bob thorton was very cool. Gonna have to go imdb him later to find out more movies-anyone got one to recommend. The only other BBT film I have seen is this crappy biker chick zombie film that was godamn awful-but trashy cool!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Maybe Coen brothers films as I think Billy Bob Thornton has been in them and they are apparently quite funny. Intolerable Cruelty is the main one featuring BBT, but Fargo and the Big Lebowski mayb be better films.

Quite surprised to learn that BBT wasin Love Actually as I thought that was the opposite of Bad Santa!:confused:
  • Options
    I haven't seen fargo yet myself-hmm must get dad to order it on screen select then!
  • Options
    BBT is in armageddon and thats about the only othere film i can remember seeing him in at this tim of day,lol
  • Options
    Was BBT in Fargo and the Big Lebowski? The only Coen film I remember him in was The Man Who Wasn't There. Actually, I think Bad Santa may have started off as a Coen film before that guy who did Ghostworld took over.

Anyway, I saw Bad Santa at the weekend, very enjoyable! Nice way to take the piss out of what xmas seems to have become and in some ways similar to Ghost World.
  • Options
    Would like to see it, but aint going out of my way for it. My niece who is 9yrs old says she wants to see it but I had to explain it's not like the other santa films.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    Was BBT in Fargo and the Big Lebowski?

BBT's not in them, but they are directed by the Coen brothers I think.

Not sure what Screen Select is? I normally use Lovefilm at http://www.lovefilm.com Got thousands of films and can send back the films when u like (provided you pay a certain amount each month). A lot of companies are trying to emulate it though, so it's by no means the only online DVD rental service. There may be better ones out there, I'm not sure?