Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

first time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone

I've decided that I would like to try dope for the first time. All of my friends seem to enjoy it and always offer it to me but I have always refused.

I don't drink alcohol, ever, and I don't smoke normal cigs either.

A friend said to me that for the first time she was really ill and that's what i'm afraid of cos I hate being sick. I would want anything but that to happen cos I have a real phobia about it.

So, do you guys have any tips on how to do it and not puke? also my friends don't smoke joints, they use a small pipe thing and sometimes a bong and I dunno which is best?

Thanx :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If I were you I wouldnt do a bong first time, they can be over powering.

Just smoke a little bit of a joint and see how you go.

Its actually quite likely that on your first go you wont actually feel anything at all, a lot of people dont.

Dont push it, if you dont get anything dont keep smoking loads and loads because it might hit you all at once.

As for being sick, its very unlikely unless you really go over board.

Just share a joint with a couple of other people and see how you feel.
    my mates first time was with a bong and she had no illness feeling from it, but then people are different, i had being sick too, and going on a greeny is the worst lol

my first time was with hash- which i hate i prefer skunk...
    but my first time i didnt notice anything apart from being really happy... it was good fun... :D

i miss doing it every now and again but i have no one to do it with and dont wana puff alone :(
    Most green is better than most hash, but good solid is better than virtually all green.
    If you dont actually smoke, then the tobacco will make you feel queasy long before the dope takes any effect.
    Thats why I dont smoke it.
    It can do yes, but the THC should be active pretty much as fast as the nictotine given that it just goes straight in the blood.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Most green is better than most hash, but good solid is better than virtually all green.

Really? Solid can be better than green? I haven't found that ever.

FAO Boardergirl, if you don't normally smoke the tobacco in the joint could make u feel a bit quesy, however i'm a very occasional tobacco smoker and i find joints fine.

Just don't toke too much, that is the mistake many make, so deft stay clear of bongs.
    im hardly an expert but this is just what i got told the first time i smoked:
    1. to avoid puking....don swallow the smoke
    2. when holding it in....hold it in your lungs....not mouth (i made that mistake and yeh anyways)

the first time i smoked was with a joint, it didnt hit me at first but when it did, it sorta came and went. id be totally stoned one second then i moved my head and i was fine. if i were you id do it somewhere relaxing so you dont have to get up and move a bout a lot cos i got really lazy and tired...i ended up walking all round london then going shopping, but i found the best bit was going to sleep afterwards, yes im a sucker for sleep.

hope it goes well and relax :) good luck
    Originally posted by dolly dagger

Well by definition solid should be better than green because it should be a more concentrated version, only the crystals from the buds pressed together.

The problem comes from people making hash with sub standard weed, they will leave the buds too long and the CBD levels will rise. This creates more of the stonny and sedative effect. It is done because the buds are at their heaviest then.

Good hash from Afghanistan, the Hindu Kush or some parts of the Middle East is spectacular, a very light experience.

Then there is Nepalese, which is something altogether different again.
    for some reason ive found that solid is generally frowned upon, hardly anyone sells it anymore, and people tend to consider it "lame".

i dont though, i can get reasonably good solid, and i enjoy smoking it.
    The solid I get is really bottom of the barrel. Tastes like absolute shite and isn't that strong. However I normally end up smoking this every day as a cheap alternative to skunk.
    I prefer it in a way that you can smoke a few spliffs and just get mellow without being completely zonked out after a few tokes.
    Originally posted by dolly dagger

thats cos we've been smoking shitty soap bar shit all the while, i heard amsterdam is good for good hash, it's actually more expensive than green over there, well so i've heard
    Can't help to read up first....

TheSite factsheets:

Cannabis

Tobacco

Smoking

Drugs and the law

Erowid's info on cannabis

Susie :)
    Re: first time
    Originally posted by boardergirl
    Hi everyone

I've decided that I would like to try dope for the first time. All of my friends seem to enjoy it and always offer it to me but I have always refused.

I don't drink alcohol, ever, and I don't smoke normal cigs either.

A friend said to me that for the first time she was really ill and that's what i'm afraid of cos I hate being sick. I would want anything but that to happen cos I have a real phobia about it.

So, do you guys have any tips on how to do it and not puke? also my friends don't smoke joints, they use a small pipe thing and sometimes a bong and I dunno which is best?

Thanx :)

Was sick when i started smoking soapbar, no doubt coz of the shite it's cut with, but never with grass. A lot of people are like that, just avoid the shitebar and you should be ok.
    Well your less likely to puke or anything while smoking a few pipes than a few joints, the tobacco makes the high different than smoking it through a pipe on its own and since you don't smoke cigs already then it could make the experience a little less enjoyable for you.

Soapbar is shit, i know that but it still dosen't stop me smoking it, it's cheap and lasts alot longer than skunk would,i couldn't afford to smoke skunk all the time.

After all this time i still think the pipe is the one of, if not the best way to smoke.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    i think it comes down to personal preferance on the feeling you want from smoking?

As for people saying its worse when you dont smoke, if i try to smoke fags i feel ill as i have always smoekd weed/skunk/draw before i ever tried fags so they just taste wel, tasteless i guess orits a real effort to get anything from a cigarette.
    I have had a whitey from a draw/skunk spliff before but it was an L and was packed and i wasnt expecting it i guess, but other then that i've never really been that ill.

I would suggest as others do, that you dont over do it on your first time, i took some to a friends the other day and he hadnt smoked for about 3 months he thought he could just jump back on the ship and 2 hours later was being sick in the toilet, that will teach him for skinning up like he used to.

.matt