Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Red Dwarf

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Red Dwarf

This was such a classic show, quite young when it was about but remember i well liked it.

Their is nothing like it now :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    yep-was so so brill. I was the only gal I knew who fanceied both lister and rimmer. Such a sad case I was!
  • Options
    You fancied Rimmer?

Dear Lord!
  • Options
    Red dwarf was great yes :(

im watching it now lol, on UKTV G2

:D
  • Options
    The Cat was cool. I watch it in re-runs. I think they released it out on dvd though. One of the things I hope I get for Christmas. :D
  • Options
    I've got the vid's. ;>
  • Options
    They still haven't denied that they plan on making a film. The last series was only about 5 years ago, maybe less. I'm sure Craig Charles must be gagging for the work and most of the other cast have no major plans....
  • Options
    still annoyed at how they ended the series.
  • Options
    They ran out of ideas. As is always the way.

It should have stopped when they lost the ship, really. The first series on Starbug wasn't bad, but that's it.
  • Options
    It was great up until the rest of the crew were resurrected in series 8 and I never did like Kochanski, but she was only in series 7 and 8 ( as a permanent fixture). I don't think I would have minded her as much if she were played by Claire Grogan.

Apparently they're claiming pre-production of a film will commence in January '05.
  • Options
    omg i love Red dwarf still to this day :D ... I think it would still be a great tv show if it were on our screens...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh
    omg i love Red dwarf still to this day :D ... I think it would still be a great tv show if it were on our screens...

It is on UK Gold all the time. You just have to have cable/sky/freeview to get it.

I havent been all that impressed re-watching them, they dont seem as funny as they once were.
  • Options
    I have freeview but not uk gold unfortunatly. I watched the re-runs on bbc2 when they were on that last time... I could never tire of watching Red Dwarf like :D
  • Options
    I own series I to V on DVD with the latest coming out a few days ago and i've watched it all. It's very good.

One of the reasons they made Kochanski a permanent character was because if they wanted a film they would need a woman character or so i heard. Why did Chris Barrie leave for half for series VII though?
  • Options
    Was it cus he was off being the rimmer that was super-Ican't remember the name but he had to be him? I dunno I can't remember *tu tut Jowolvo!!*
  • Options
    Rumour has it he had a barney with everyone.
  • Options
    The movie is no rumor. They've been planning it for years.

Just check the Red Dwarf website, they've already got a couple of draft scripts! One of the big problems is finding the time when everyone is available. Even though you rarely see them, they all have something on right now.

Besides, with the ship in pieces and the story the way they left it, the movie probably won't be as good as we all hope. It will certainly bomb at the cinema's no matter how many avid fans (myself included) go to see it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    Was it cus he was off being the rimmer that was super-Ican't remember the name but he had to be him? I dunno I can't remember *tu tut Jowolvo!!*

I mean as in not in the script but why as an actor he left.
  • Options
    I Loved Mr. Flibble! (the episode he appeared in was called quarantine, where rimmer gets a holographic virus and puts on a red and white checkered dress and pigtails!) :lol: I think if they are making a film he has to be in it!! (it might throw the buget off a bit though...:rolleyes: )
  • Options
    Originally posted by angelic girl
    I Loved Mr. Flibble! (the episode he appeared in was called quarantine, where rimmer gets a holographic virus and puts on a red and white checkered dress and pigtails!) :lol: I think if they are making a film he has to be in it!! (it might throw the buget off a bit though...:rolleyes: )

i take it you watched it last night on UKTV G2 then? :)
  • Options
    Series 6 was the last good series. But I'm sure I'll get the rest on DVD when they're released. They're taking their time though, only two DVDs a year.

Just got series 5 with the model starbug. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ants
    Series 6 was the last good series. But I'm sure I'll get the rest on DVD when they're released. They're taking their time though, only two DVDs a year.

Just got series 5 with the model starbug. :)

I disagree with the statement that the last two series were not good. One of my favorite episodes comes from Series VII, that one with the Kennedy Assassination.
  • Options
    Sorry I should have said 'bar a few exceptions'.

But when Rimmer left it lost a lot in my view, and it never really came back.

'Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for christmas'
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo

ace rimmer
  • Options
    Chris Barrie left to do the Brittas Empire.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Chris Barrie left to do the Brittas Empire.

Nio, he did that concurrently. The BRittas Empire is really quite old now.

The reason why he left in series 7 was either because of "other work commitments" or "a huge row with the cast", depending on who you listen to.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Nio, he did that concurrently. The BRittas Empire is really quite old now.

The reason why he left in series 7 was either because of "other work commitments" or "a huge row with the cast", depending on who you listen to.

The first Tomb Raider film was in production around then wasn't it?
  • Options
    Yeah it was.

Find it hard to believe Barrie had a barney with the rest of the gang, i mean theyve walked together for over a decade now...they must be a tight bunch.
    Personally, i fooking love every episode of Red Dwarf ever comitted to film. and ive seen them all...its one of my only claims to fame....and yes, im that sad :)

Peace
  • Options
    including that godawful american pilot version of red dwarf? geez, that was just a crime against tv.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzo
    The first Tomb Raider film was in production around then wasn't it?

Yes, it was.
  • Options
    Red dwarf was excellent.
    My faves was when Kryton got drunk, and also when the cat got sent to prison... no, youre MY bitch!