Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Got a job...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today I got offered a job as an insurance claims handler. I accepted it, but the problem is that its the only job for which I have been to an interview.
I don't want to start work there and then get a whole load of other offers for interviews for jobs which may be better.
Has anyone ever started a job only to leave for a better offer after a few weeks? Is it a real pain to switch jobs so quickly?
I'm hoping I get there on my first day and it's ideal, but just want a backup plan for if it's really crap.
Don't know what to expect because this is my first full time job since I ended college last year.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Normally there is nothing to stop you leaving before you start and / or a few weeks into your new job - but double check the contract of employment to make sure there are no hidden clauses. You are at work a long time and need to be sure it is the right decision.

Another option is to stall the new company, ask to spend a day with the team before you finalise your decision or stall on some of the contractual decisions.

Once you are there you will need to make an effort yourself to fit in and get on with your new team. This is often a difficult time and should not be taken lightly.

Visit *link removed - spam* for more ideas and advice.