Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Orange End of Contract

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm coming up to the end of my contract with Orange next month - never been with them before, not bothered about keeping the number although might not be bad idea to change it to a PAYG SIM, are they good with this sort of thing?

I keep a Virgin SIM card as my constant number and as I don't make many calls it's not a big deal.

Comments

• Options
    my mum downgraded from orange contract to pay as you go at the end of her contract. got to keep the number and everything. its sort of easy. had to make sure that all bills were paid before they would let you downgrade.
  • Options
    Very easy to downgrade, they send you a new sim in a few days, you then activate it and the old account ends.
  • Options
    Yeah thats what Im doin I received my chip yesterday so Il be changing over in the next few days.

Kinda wish I hadnt finished my orange contract to go over to three thou, but oh well Ill be going back to them next year!
  • Options
    I hope Orange actually listen.

GWST has been tryinbg to end her Vodafone contract for three months, they managed to "not receive" a fax sent by a Vodafone shop manager :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by TinyTitch
    my mum downgraded from orange contract to pay as you go at the end of her contract. got to keep the number and everything. its sort of easy. had to make sure that all bills were paid before they would let you downgrade.

You need a new SIM Card?

When I downgraded to PAYG from a T-mobile monthly thing all they did was update their computer systems and hey presto it became a PAYG phone!

That means I'll have to copy my phonebook to a new card I guess!! Seem a weird system to need a new SIM.
  • Options
    yeh, for some reason they need to send a new sim card. doesnt really make any sense to me, but there you go. who understands the mysterious way these companies work!
  • Options
    apparently the first couple of numbers at the start of the sim card is different for PAYG sims as it is for CONTRACT thats how they can tell when ya ring them up at least thats how it is for orange.
    So i guess the system must pick that up first when a calls made and redirect the call to whichever service needs to charge your account.
    Im majorly blagging as i dont know the excact way it works but that seems logical enough to me
    .matt