Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Tonight?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well tonight I was gonna be seeing Incubus (and the Music were supporting - who i was more excited about seeing) but i got a terrible bout of man flu (give me sympathy damnit! :mad: ) plus I have too much work so am gonna have to give my ticket away :(

So I'm gonna be a miserable bastard all day - can anyone cheer me up? Perhaps you had plans tonight that got screwed up? Perhaps you've just had a shitty day?

Whatever, tell me and make me feel better!

Comments

• Options
    Re: Tonight?

poor you.

but:
    Originally posted by Jon_UK
    man flu

wtf?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Re: Tonight?
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    wtf?

seconded.

I have had a busy day procrastinating. We tidied up the dining room. It looks quite good :) I *should've* been doing my essay thing though ...
  • Options
    eh.. i have tonsilitis.... again...
    so i'm at home all day... :(
    and i'm getting restless as fook!
  • Options
    My mum used to call it man flu because I make such a fuss over the flu but will quite happily put up with a broken bone or other real sickness or injury. So if i got the flu i would moan a lot and she always used to say 'oh no you don't just have the flu - you must have man flu' to take the piss.

I just can't take the flu :no:
  • Options
    flu's horrid though. i mean proper flu, not just really-a-bad-cold-flu. i can keep going through most illness, but last time i had flu i couldn't even climb the stairs.

but yes. pretty boring day at work, but little britain is on tonight :heart:
  • Options
    Cant you dose youreself up and go anyway?
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite

what was that really really good surgestion you gave me when i got flu in england in the summer? it was you wasn't it???
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I can only sympathise... I used to get the flu at least once a year (sometimes twice) until '99. Just hold on, it'll pass.
  • Options
    I'm going out tonight to see a friend's band play in some venue tonight. First night out in ages because I've had all these essays to hand in at the same time and I was sick for a while, so I got some catching up to do!
  • Options
    i've been off work today... woke up late and just sat around the house on the pc eating and drinking, s'all good.

tomorrow will be much of the same.

biggrininvasion.gif
    biggrininvasion.gif
    biggrininvasion.gif
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    flu's horrid though. i mean proper flu, not just really-a-bad-cold-flu.

Nah its just-a-bad-cold-flu, i messed up my explanation of man flu - man flu is a bad cold. Me = stupid.

It wouldn't be so bad except i only just got over a cold (actually that was proper flu - had fever and everything) about 6 weeks ago plus i'm supposed to be going chicago this weekend to see muse and the zutons and don't be ill for it!
    Originally posted by rainbow brite

Nah got too much work - to be honest if it was just feeling ill i'd go anyway (i just wanted sympathy :p ) but got shitloads to do :(

And as for Tim and Big_man . . . your really not cheering me up ya bastids :p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    Man Flu isn't actualyl as bad as flu, but it's much worse than the colds you ladies get.

Best cure for man flu is 10 pints and a vindaloo. Sweat it out.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Unfortunatley Americans do curry almost as well as they do elections - sadly no curry for jon boy
  • Options
    :lol: True

I'm dying of turbuculosis/pnumonia = flu, maybe.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    man flu = cold

cold = OMG I just sneezed

Womens broken arm = a slight bruise

and a little bit of blood = death
  • Options
    Now now people....:lol:
  • Options
    My perverted professor who favors these 3 sluts in my class, was a total asshole today. We had this huge 14 (single spaced) essay due and one of the sluts didnt even do it.She said "I didnt do it" Her friend said "well, she had to go to court this weekend."

BOOO FUCKIN WOO!! :mad: So what does the fuckin nuthead professor do, he gave her fucking credit for the essay that took me 6 hours straight to write. I was fucking pissed and still am. That's so fucked up.

Maybe if I wore short skirts that showed my ass cheeks and let my boobs hang out and looked like a prostitute, I'd pass the class. Grrrr.....I'm so frustrated!!!