Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

3 mobile network

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right, ive had this network for about a year and i gotta say its absolute bollocks.

Coverage is abysmal, half the time people cant phone me, and i have to dial a number 3 (geddit? :mad: ) times before it will connect.

FFS im in the center of fuckin Birmingham and i cant get a signal. At all.

Avoid at all costs, if they are cheaper than the other networks on contract there is a reason.:mad:

Comments

• Options
    Change your simcard.
  • Options
    I'd like to add:

3 are fucking shite. I hope the bright sparks behind the whole idea get face raped.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I detest 3 too - the fact they want to install a 15 foot transmitter just 5 metres from my house.
  • Options
    The price plans are wank anyway. Once you have topped up you have a 30 day limit to use up your texts/minutes. I personally think this is a fucking stupid idea.
  • Options
    thread hijack but i need a cheap fone to get unlocked till january and was wondering if anyone had any idea's?
  • Options
    I was gonna put up a post about 3 a couple days ago because they're driving me banana's. I mean I like the phone (it's the size of a remote control but it's got EVERYTHING that a real expensive phone has in the form of a slim brick) but the coverage is shit, it says I've received a text...then it magically disappears! I have to recharge the battery every night (it actually came with a second battery...) Sometimes, mid message, just turns off...the sims won't go in any other phone so when the battery goes I'm sausaged till I get home....um...can't hook up this remote email box thingy because the directions in the manual talk of a menu that I have yet to discover...seriously I've looked everywhere for it. Sometimes the voucher centre place...just shuts down! I'm not too pissed about the voucher because I do send so many texts. If you download a game, you pay like £1.50 to play if for 48 hours, then have to pay again in order to play it again...there are 4 vouchers, "Talk and Text" "Just talk" "Just text" "3 services" It's all really silly...welcome to 3...we're aload of bollicks...

Malt munk :mad: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i've foudn them alright personally, onyl gripe being that all 3g phones are a pile of wank.
  • Options
    The only good thing about 3 is their new advert with the singing cherry.

"Ooohhhhhh.. Baby please don't.. Something.." ;s
  • Options
    You'll take away a part of me!!! That's it.

I'm sure we can complete the song together. It's the chorus that I can't remember and I don't want to google.

...Oohhhh, baby please don't go? fly? I can't even remember in the slightest ;[
  • Options
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    I was gonna put up a post about 3 a couple days ago because they're driving me banana's. I mean I like the phone (it's the size of a remote control but it's got EVERYTHING that a real expensive phone has in the form of a slim brick) but the coverage is shit, it says I've received a text...then it magically disappears! I have to recharge the battery every night (it actually came with a second battery...) Sometimes, mid message, just turns off...the sims won't go in any other phone so when the battery goes I'm sausaged till I get home....um...can't hook up this remote email box thingy because the directions in the manual talk of a menu that I have yet to discover...seriously I've looked everywhere for it. Sometimes the voucher centre place...just shuts down! I'm not too pissed about the voucher because I do send so many texts. If you download a game, you pay like £1.50 to play if for 48 hours, then have to pay again in order to play it again...there are 4 vouchers, "Talk and Text" "Just talk" "Just text" "3 services" It's all really silly...welcome to 3...we're aload of bollicks...

Malt munk :mad: :rolleyes:

NEC 313 by any chance?
  • Options
    well the first fuckin phone i had, was some sort of underpowered surveilance device that came with TWO batteries (it might well have been the NEC, the one that covers half of your face when you talk).

Anyway this thing had more cameras on it than the GCHQ and i was lucky if it lasted me a day. Ive been on the Nokia 7600 (the leaf shaped one) since that time, s'not a bad phone one you get used to it, i like it.

Will be changing my network at the earliest opportunity however
  • Options
    Re: 3 mobile network
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    if they are cheaper than the other networks on contract there is a reason.

yeah it's because they need to attract more users as right now the company is literally fucked financially...

you can get a 3 contract with a packet of crisps nowadays. :rolleyes:

it always amuses me when unproven stuff takes a fall...
  • Options
    yeah it aint taken off like it was supposed to like a lot of things these days
  • Options
    Yeah Im on three. It hadnt been too bad but when we had that really bad weather the other week it was crap! Couldnt do nothing.

It went down for a bit yesterday too.

Cant say its been majorly terrible thou really, but we'll see how it goes :/

I had a contract on orange which ends soon so im switchin that to pay as you go as a back up. I have diverted the calls so when I have no signal on 3, it diverts to my orange phone. :D
  • Options
    Re: 3 mobile network
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    im in the center of fuckin Birmingham

You have my up most sympathy.
  • Options
    Re: Re: 3 mobile network
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    You have my up most sympathy.

:lol:

cheeky
  • Options
    well ive only ever had one or two problems with connections onto the three network ever

the only major time things were a problem was when the o2 thing was having problems, as three drop down to o2 cover when there is no 3g signal

the 3 pay as you go thing is basically like the same as you would have with a contract, except not everyone can get past the sucessfull credit check requirement to get one

plus buying something and having to use it before it runs out is nothing new, it happens with moldy bread loafs everyday
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    plus buying something and having to use it before it runs out is nothing new, it happens with moldy bread loafs everyday

yeah but bread is a foodstuff, not some info stored in the network somewhere...

besides, how many people have you phoned on a hovis? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    look if you dont like the idea of what they do then dont use the product, and if you dont then dont whine about something that doesnt affect/effect you

regardless of if its info stored somewhere or just decomposes infront of your eyes, its something that effectively passes its sell by date
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    look if you dont like the idea of what they do then dont use the product, and if you dont then dont whine about something that doesnt affect/effect you

regardless of if its info stored somewhere or just decomposes infront of your eyes, its something that effectively passes its sell by date

i don't use the product and i'm not whining, it's just you analogy was crap.

retarded2.gif