Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Simpsons on 4

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
This seems to be the most heavily promoted re-run in history.

Apart from that, whos glad to have the Simpsons to come home to of an evening again:D

better than anne fuckin robinson
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i have sky so i don't care but yea it's good that they're back on normal tv, the quiz thingy last nite was a laff like.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    i have sky so i don't care but yea it's good that they're back on normal tv, the quiz thingy last nite was a laff like.

The quiz itself was good, but apart from Krishnan it just seemed like an outlet for failing celebrities to get back on TV for a bit. None of the other guests are doing anything of note at the moment.

Anyway, to combat Channel 4, Sky are putting new episodes on Friday, which is annoying, as new Simpsons is the perfect way to end the weekend.

And The Simspons will be the new Friends as far as Channel 4 is concerned - repeating every single episode at least ten times.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    And The Simspons will be the new Friends as far as Channel 4 is concerned - repeating every single episode at least ten times.

SkyOne do it so why shouldn't Channel 4?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    SkyOne do it so why shouldn't Channel 4?

Touché.

I don't know why, but Sky One repeating The Simpsons seems completely different to Channel 4 repeating Friends...

It takes ages to see the same episode of The Simpsons, whereas it's only a matter of weeks before Friends starts again.
  • Options
    crucially, the Simpsons is 10x the series that Freinds was.

sharper comedy, harder laughs, better characters, more of an edge to the characters, more consistant.

Freinds has never been able to do anything more than make me giggle, Simpsons has put me on the floor in fits :thumb: