Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ever experienced a bad trip???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
HI GUYS I AM IN CASE STUDY MODE AGAIN. THIS TIME THE SUBJECT IS BAD TRIPS.

Have any of you ever taken any drug or alcohol even and had a funny trip from it? I want to hear your tales and stories. How was the comedown? Did you completely flip out or did you manage to control yourself? Were you alone or with friends and were they able to give you viable help while coming down. Anything that works to control the symptoms. Please share your symptoms on the board and PM me if you are between 11 and 19 have had these experiences and wouldn't mind being used for a case study. Your name and identity would be changed at your request.

Hope to hear from you guys. I'm sure you won't let me down.

Mazza (Mariam)

Comments

• Options
    I've had a few bad experiences, I'm sure I wrote up my time on Salvia on here at some point, that was probably the worst.

Most of the times that I've had bad experiences were because of the people I was with.

Taking hallucinogens with a sucicidal depressive isnt always a great idea.
  • Options
    Some bad experiences after too much coke, heart rate and that.

Paranoia on 'shrooms, and acid, to keep myself calm i always try and remember i am tripping, weird stuff is bound to happen, so i should just enjoy it, when i forget that then it gets bad, but i keep trying to bring myself back, especially on 'shrooms, you have to be v.strong in the mind for them sometimes.
  • Options
    Its a really terrible thing to say, but does any one ever have a sitter these days?

I dont know anyone who does, I had one for my salvia experience, I'm not sure whether actually its such a great idea, they were obviously watching me and it put pressure on.

But then I've always prefered to take hallucinogens alone, something that you really shouldnt do. But I cant say I've taken any in years, when do I have 12 hours to myself?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    The only bad experiecnce I've had with drugs is when I collapsed and started convulsing after takign far too many liberty caps. In broad daylight in the middle of town I went down like a sack of shit and smashed my head on the ground.
    Still after several years drug use that is the only time I've ever messed - I consider that quite good.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I went down like a sack of shit and smashed my head on the ground

ouch!

so thats where the skive shaped dent in Shirley high street came from?!:D
  • Options
    oh sorry, to be more constructive.....

ive not really had much experience with hallucenogenics, apart from my mates Salvia plant which did fuck all.

my 'big comedown' from pills was trippy though:crazyeyes: everything went monochrome b/w and i remember thinking i could see a girl trying to climb up a 2dimensional tree (y'know, like the ones in the old game DOOM), then when she got to the top she turned round her face was made of patchwork (like the Lenor ad) and she had rainbow scarves for pig tails.

My dreams after taking Codeine have been trippy. Esher 'impossible' shapes, where i could actually play with the trip to a degree, and dreaming of cakes and sweets falling off a conveyor belt.
  • Options
    One

Search

Away

:thumb:
  • Options
    I've never actually had any bad trips thankfully. It's all been good ones thankfully.
  • Options
    I'm just glad I don't use drugs after reading some of these posts as well as some past ones. I'll stay boring old me where the biggest buzz I get is from my morning coffee :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Exess
    I'm just glad I don't use drugs after reading some of these posts as well as some past ones. I'll stay boring old me where the biggest buzz I get is from my morning coffee :)

Indeed, hallucinogens are risky, they are dangerous, not physically most of them but they are still risky.

But, most of their risk comes from them being abused, those who respect them and use them sensibly are far less likely to have any problems.
  • Options
    blond bombshell
    One Search Away

:no:
    not this time. im sure Mazza's checked out all the old stuff, but in terms of research she also needs to generate new findings, so shes quite right and proper to generate a new thread on the topic for the purposes of research :yes:
  • Options
    one time on a drug known as STP ...i could feel a claw beneath my skin moving about ...then i could see it ...about the size of a hand ...moving about and tearing flesh under my skin ...it moved to my stomach ...i was terrified ...it moved to my heart and gripped it ...by this time i was screaming very loudly.
    no ammount of trying to remind myself it was just a trip or others trying to reassure me helped at all.
  • Options
    one time on a drug known as STP

:nervous:

y'know what i was saying to you the other day about i would never have been able to withstand a modicum of your drug intake.... you've just proved it again.

I would lay serious money that something like that would have fucked me up majorly.

I salute you sir, and your mind of steel
  • Options
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    :nervous:

y'know what i was saying to you the other day about i would never have been able to withstand a modicum of your drug intake.... you've just proved it again.

I would lay serious money that something like that would have fucked me up majorly.

I salute you sir, and your mind of steel
    i actualy used to intentionaly challenge my sanity!
    occasionaly i will go off into the wilderness all alone with a big lump of top quality hash with my little tent etc and eat the lot ...spend 24hrs beyond this world in a kind of religous ceromony if you like ...haven't this year or last year for that matter.
    i'm not sure it's all about strength of mind though.
    mixture of attitude and good luck me thinks.

i ave seen ants ...very realitic ..have met the devil and his demons.

with amphtamine and more so methamphetamine have spent days in dellusionville!
  • Options
    with amphtamine and more so methamphetamine have spent days in dellusionville
    anyone seen the film 'spun' :confused:
  • Options
    I'm going to try that mroll sometime, maybe next easter or summer, i'd say it would quite a high.
  • Options
    STP is the street name for DOM Rolly, a drug in the same group as MDMA, though with very different effects.

I said ages ago I'd copy out the information about it from Shulgins book, I will this week.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    STP is the street name for DOM Rolly, a drug in the same group as MDMA, though with very different effects.

I said ages ago I'd copy out the information about it from Shulgins book, I will this week.
    i thought you'd mentioned it before bong.
    at the time none of us had a clue what it was ...brought into this country from the states by pete townshend of the who!
    it was so powerful as to not catch on in the way acid did.
    yes please do i'd be very interested.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    I'm going to try that mroll sometime, maybe next easter or summer, i'd say it would quite a high.
    i might do it next time we have serious snowfall.
    when i do it ...i take no radio or other entertainment device ...no mobile phone.
    the very minimum of food or other things of pleasure and comfort.
    but ...you must let someone know roughly where your going to be plus ...you have to have full confidence you can handle it.
    if you fancy trying it, it might be advisable to do it with someone else first time.
    doing it alone in the wilderness is awsome and not for the faint hearted mate.
  • Options
    oh yes ...fire is a must! not a gas stove.
    take with you the tools to build a fire.
    take some firewood with you ...gather more while it's still daylight.
    a campfire is a real must.
  • Options
    I always used to eat hash on my own, i know i could handle that side of things but being outside on your own in the middle of nowhere high on oral cannabis could be quite an experience, good and bad sides.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    I always used to eat hash on my own, i know i could handle that side of things but being outside on your own in the middle of nowhere high on oral cannabis could be quite an experience, good and bad sides.
    if you camp on the edge of a forrest you come to understand first hand why people believed in spirits and elves and goblins. you see and hear them. in the ever moving shadows there is great uncertainty and mental interpretation. freaky stuff.
    the noises of a forrest are many and something we have lost touch with so they come as something of a surprise.
    the big outdoors has become alien to us in this modern age.
    moorland has a unique bleakness that worries the soul.
    beaches and vast ocean in front of you ...gets me thinking about the planet hurtling through cold lifeless space ......usualy gets you thinking of god.
    but you have to be able to see no civilisation at all ...you have to know that it's miles and miles away from you ...if you can see the harbour lights ...or the lights of a road or a house ...or even know that they are only half an hours walk away ...it takes away so much from the experience.
    here in the mountains of north wales we often have very serious snow ...cutting off whole comunities.
    snow is another challenge again. snow is made of jewels ...and frozen faces ...time freezes with it.
  • Options
    i know what you mean morrocan roll. we have been up to the hills around dublin before a few times to take lsd. Last time was philosphers stones which "accidentally" got brought home from Amsterdamage by a daring friend. i had been bombed on them two weeks before on the streets on amsterdam and we decided to take them again on a camping trip.

it was very good - they got stronger and stronger and at one point i went out into the dark to get some wood for our fire. i suddenly realised i was on my own, and almost peaking on the truffels. i couldn't hear my friends as i had walked a bit too far away from our campsite. it was freaky but good - i felt this incredible simultaneous breathing with the forest - each time i inhaled, the trees etc inhaled and moved in time with me. it was nothing short of spectacular so i stood there for about 10 minutes doing this then some noise in the forest distracted me and broke my train of thought. i then proceeded to convince myself that i was being watched by some kind of forest folk. so i quickly stumbled back to the fire before i freaked out. i immediately forgot the breathing thing and didnt mention it.

about 30 mins later (but who knows really) - i lay down on my hammock between two trees and felt like the trees were gently swaying hammock for me. it was incredible but unfortunately the trip didnt last too long - only 2 hours of being bombed then another 2 of just laughing etc but almost too in control.

it was far better than any mushie buzz i have had in at a party or anywhere else. the remoteness was key - no worrying about other people or anything like that. two of us were on the truffels, the other two on pure MDMA - so no bad vibes at all - just bliss, in the forest. can't wait for next time.
  • Options
    i know what you mean morrocan roll. we have been up to the hills around dublin before a few times to take lsd. Last time was philosphers stones which "accidentally" got brought home from Amsterdamage by a daring friend. i had been bombed on them two weeks before on the streets on amsterdam and we decided to take them again on a camping trip.

that sounds wonderful. I wish i trusted my brain with hallucenogenics:)
  • Options
    I'm not sure where the law lies in terms of importing your own mushies.

If they were packaged then they could have said they were 'prepared' in some way.

Though I'm guessing if they found them they would have just taken them and told you to go away.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bananaman

it was very good - they got stronger and stronger and at one point i went out into the dark to get some wood for our fire. i suddenly realised i was on my own, and almost peaking on the truffels. i couldn't hear my friends as i had walked a bit too far away from our campsite. it was freaky but good - i felt this incredible simultaneous breathing with the forest - each time i inhaled, the trees etc inhaled and moved in time with me. it was nothing short of spectacular so i stood there for about 10 minutes doing this then some noise in the forest distracted me and broke my train of thought. i then proceeded to convince myself that i was being watched by some kind of forest folk. so i quickly stumbled back to the fire before i freaked out. i immediately forgot the breathing thing and didnt mention it.

about 30 mins later (but who knows really) - i lay down on my hammock between two trees and felt like the trees were gently swaying hammock for me. it was incredible but unfortunately the trip didnt last too long - only 2 hours of being bombed then another 2 of just laughing etc but almost too in control.

it was far better than any mushie buzz i have had in at a party or anywhere else. the remoteness was key - no worrying about other people or anything like that. two of us were on the truffels, the other two on pure MDMA - so no bad vibes at all - just bliss, in the forest. can't wait for next time.
    brilliant!
    being close to nature whilst on mind expanders is a whole different ball game from the concrete we have come to know and love ...
    especialy as night falls and the world seems to close down and then ...the darkness and mother nature lay on a whole new show for you.
  • Options
    nature never sleeps, one perfect eco sysytem, i envy it sometimes, it's unity astounds me, it never judges, freaky shit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    nature never sleeps, one perfect eco sysytem, i envy it sometimes, it's unity astounds me, it never judges, freaky shit.
    reminds me of a line from a tom waits song ...
    'you can drive back nature with a pitch fork but it always comes roaring back again'.
  • Options
    150_forpresident.jpg
  • Options
    Whenever i've been out for the night say and walking out and i stop for a smoke somewhere in the dark, if i'm sitting there rightly stoned i hear things in the darkness and see things, it is freaky shit.