Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

02 contract and upgrade

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this is for anyone who has upgraded their phone while on o2 contract.
it might seem a stupid question but when you upgrade do you have to send back the phone you have now?

Comments

• Options
    im on t-mobile and upgraded a while ago and no you dont have too send your fone back so gues msot networks are liek this in fact im prety sure bout that

free fone too sell for you:D
  • Options
    You keep the phone, though if it is a decent one they may give you a trade in so you save money.
  • Options
    I *just* upgraded my phone on O2... and no, you don't have to give it back, you just get a new one delivered.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Don't get a trade-in!! they give you sh*t value.

better off selling it on abey,
    OMG you've been there too? Its much cheaper than EBAY! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    I *just* upgraded my phone on O2... and no, you don't have to give it back, you just get a new one delivered.
    oooh give they give you the 6320 for free? i want that phone, and im only used to Nokia's....

my contract runs out in dec. and i want to know whether to keep it or not?!?!?!
  • Options
    you can change your contract if it's not ideal anymore, i just changed mine, and i upgraded to the 6610i for free.
  • Options
    Which do you think would be better? 6230 or 6610i

i might try and change my contract so its free up to a certain limit (like when i've used all my minutes up) then have to pay with credit... does anyone else have this?
  • Options
    Originally posted by aimz

i might try and change my contract so its free up to a certain limit (like when i've used all my minutes up) then have to pay with credit... does anyone else have this?

aimz the 6230 is by far the better phone :D far far better
  • Options
    when it comes to upgrades they are really tight. the phones they adevrtise as free on contract are actually only free to new customers.

so i cancelled my contract and took out a new one. they said this would take a month but if you ask to be transferred to pay as you go its about 10 days and you get a free sim card with 300 free texts a month
  • Options
    Re: 02 contract and upgrade
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    it might seem a stupid question but when you upgrade do you have to send back the phone you have now?

Nope, its like when you finish the contact, you get to keep it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by aimz

The camera on the 6610i is SO pants. :yes:
  • Options
    Re: 02 contract and upgrade
    Originally posted by blonde__batman

No network will ever want your phone back, after all what will they do with a 2nd hand phone? They may offer a trade in as an incentive, but they don't really want your phone.

In fact I know someone that works for a mobile phone manufatcurer and he said they crush old models of mobile phones (brand new unused phones) just to replace them with the newer models.
  • Options
    thats good then...cos i've already sold mine lol just wanted to know even if it was to late!
  • Options
    Hmm, it's time for me to get an upgrade. Does anyone know what nokias O2 are offering as upgrades at the moment?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kate1
    Hmm, it's time for me to get an upgrade. Does anyone know what nokias O2 are offering as upgrades at the moment?

I assume you have to go direct to O2 for an upgrade say rather then Carphone Warehouse or another 3rd party?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kate1

Did you get a letter from your network telling you you are at an upgrade point? If so then you could possibly take this into your nearest phone retailer and talk with them, if not then you call your network up and tell then you want to upgrade.

When i was witht the link if someone came into the shop with an upgrade letter they were sometimes entitled to some discount thus occasiionally they got a phone that had a price on it for free or for its price less the discount band.

tbh i hear vodaphone are doing some fantastic deals at the moment you might want to check out their site :)
  • Options
    I'd sell my old one, but it's broken twice now. :mad: