Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Help !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My computer is one huge problem.

These problems have only started happening today.

Internet explorer windows, firefox windows, msn messenger, they are all closing randomly with no warning ( yet teh msn icon remains in the taskbar!?) When i open them as i have just done they have juste closed again, im surrpised this window is still open.

Ive ran ad aware removed all that shite, there are no virus' on thie pc, no spyware no adaware, no nothing so need some help !! ?

Comments

• Options
    try running a panda active scan.

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

(you'll have to open it in internet explorer though)
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0
    try running a panda active scan.

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

(you'll have to open it in internet explorer though)

I ran the scan.. no virus'

Ive done all the usual checks and theres nothing i can see wrong with the pc im at a total loss as to explain whats causing my browsers to keep closing intermittantly :eek2:
  • Options
    defragment?
  • Options
    hahaha. No not on this thing, it'd take a lifetime to attempt doing a defrag..... It'll never happen. Ive tried it a few times with no luck... nah i'd be quicker doing a full factory re-set on this thing ...

Thanks anyway.

ETA : Its stopped now btw, like it started randomly and it stopped randomly. hasnt happened since. :s
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh
    hahaha. No not on this thing, it'd take a lifetime to attempt doing a defrag..... It'll never happen. Ive tried it a few times with no luck... nah i'd be quicker doing a full factory re-set on this thing ...

Thanks anyway.

ETA : Its stopped now btw, like it started randomly and it stopped randomly. hasnt happened since. :s

don't say that... lol realy... just.. let it logged in one night... it won't kill you :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    did you take a hammer to it yet?

haha no not yet :p

but if i ever get another job, and get a new pc i so will :D
    not_an_angel : don't say that... lol realy... just.. let it logged in one night... it won't kill you

lol honestly it wouldnt just take one night more a week :lol: oh god no i'l keep it as it is, plus i have enough problems with it as it is lol
  • Options
    hmm.... so I think a format will do... :p