Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Sims 2!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone got it then? Isn't it FAB!?

I made a family, their daughter grew up into a teen, the Mam and Dad had a shag and she popped a sprog. Meanwhile, the Mam was having a fling with the Maid!

The daughter sneaks out with this wee scab for a shop and has about five boyfriends on the go. Plus, she's a A+ student. Yeehah. Daddy's sold about 5 novels, and wants to get back with his estranged wife who lives in a shack and is having it off with both the maid from her old house and her gardener.

She cheated death before her and hubby broke up, hubby won a game of chance from the Grim Reaper. :D

I'm lazy. I have the 50,000 simoleons cheat, and the Energizer poster.

Good, eh?

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sounds amazing.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I got it yesterday, but I haven't played too much yet...
  • Options
    I've had it for a month or so. Not really played it much. Which is suprising because I loved the original.
  • Options
    It has taken over my life. Although I wish my families weren't so fertile, I've had about 7 sets of twins so far
  • Options
    Originally posted by go_away
    It has taken over my life. Although I wish my families weren't so fertile, I've had about 7 sets of twins so far

Hah, I thought if they woohooed, then they wouldn't have babies? I thought it was only the "Try for baby" option??
  • Options
    oh the sims is a good game.

urrrr, aye. Consumerism 101
  • Options
    Oh I meant when they had tried for babies, although I have heard of woohoo's resulting in pregnancy.
  • Options
    Can you shoot people or steal stuff?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Can you shoot people or steal stuff?

No, but you can become a pick pocket as a career. Or the nighbours can steal your garden gnomes. Hardcore.

Plus, the maid or your neighbours can steal your children. It's quite sad. :(
  • Options
    They steal your kids??! How do they do that?
  • Options
    Originally posted by go_away
    They steal your kids??! How do they do that?

I dunno, but I've read on an LJ community that the maids or the neighbours steal them if you're really crap at parenting.

Plus, if you live in Strangetown, and your Sim stargazes, a bit of space junk might fall on them and you die. :(
  • Options
    Do you see people having sex?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Do you see people having sex?

It's under the covers.. :/
  • Options
    Originally posted by Infinite
    I've had it for a month or so. Not really played it much. Which is suprising because I loved the original.

Got Sims 2 about a month ago but likewise with you, I got into the original Sims game a lot more when I brought it in early 2001.

I'm sure Sims 2 will grow on my, probably early next year. I'll get more interested when more clothings ("skins") become available on the web.

Actually I must say that the music in the Sims 2 is pretty naff (neighbourhood, buy, shop) but the offerings you get on the stereo/radio is quite good. I've kept the radio the same, but replaced the neighbourhood stuff with some bossanova like what it was all about in the original Sims game. Bossanova suits it so much better.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Monserrat
    I'm sure Sims 2 will grow on my, probably early next year. I'll get more interested when more clothings ("skins") become available on the web.

http://www.parsimonious.org/skins2/

http://www.simstuff.com

http://www.thesimsresource.com/

http://www.welldressedsim.com/

http://www.simskins.net/main.html

:)
  • Options
    1983 tk u tk u tku for the links... I'll use them.. later.....

I got The Sims 2, but it put my pc too slow... so... has I'm in college... I'll install it on Sumer... :( I WANT IT NOWWWWWW :crying: but I can't :\ my pc is more important, right?

anyway... it is sooooooooo great :D
  • Options
    Cheers for the links too, 1983. I did know about #3 and # 4 already because I used them for the original Sims game back in 2001. However, those two sites are now paid (if you want clothing for Sims 2).

The best site I've seen so far is EA's official game site for the Sims 2. You need to register with them which is free but you need a legal copy of the game which I have because it reads the serial number off it :-)
  • Options
    Re: The Sims 2!
    Originally posted by 1983
    I'm lazy. I have the 50,000 simoleons cheat, and the Energizer poster.

The what now? O_o

The worst thing about The Sims is that you have absolutely no concept of real time when you play it. So I find, anyway. So 'I'll just have half an hour or so' turns into hours. And then your coursework never gets done. :(

My computer's not quite good enough for it to run dead smooth, it's a bit slow and stuff. Which is probably a good thing, because if it ran really well then I really would be addicted. :(
  • Options
    Re: Re: The Sims 2!
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    The worst thing about The Sims is that you have absolutely no concept of real time when you play it. So I find, anyway. So 'I'll just have half an hour or so' turns into hours. And then your coursework never gets done. :(
    That's my problem too. I set the sim's alarm clock to an hour before work (which is more than enough time for me to get ready for uni, in real life) and she barely has enough time to make breakfast and eat. No cleaning or bathroom or anything else. Good thing the sims can dress in a second...
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: The Sims 2!
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    That's my problem too. I set the sim's alarm clock to an hour before work (which is more than enough time for me to get ready for uni, in real life) and she barely has enough time to make breakfast and eat. No cleaning or bathroom or anything else. Good thing the sims can dress in a second...

I'm such a cheat, and a pleb. None of mine work. They've got the Energiser poster which makes all their bars green when they think of it, then I do the motherlode cheat and they're minted.

Most of mine have it off with their maid. Or gardner. :blush:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: The Sims 2!
    Originally posted by __debris
    I'm such a cheat, and a pleb. None of mine work. They've got the Energiser poster which makes all their bars green when they think of it, then I do the motherlode cheat and they're minted.

Most of mine have it off with their maid. Or gardner. :blush:
    "Gardener".
    And it seems you want them to reflect what you'd like to live like, don't you? ;)I wonder if that's true about the "maid and gardener" part also...
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Sims 2!
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    "Gardener".
    And it seems you want them to reflect what you'd like to live like, don't you? ;)I wonder if that's true about the "maid and gardener" part also...

I always forget that wee "e". Raah. Anyhoo, LIES! I would not like to have it off with the maid and such, I just love drama, me.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Sims 2!
    Originally posted by __debris
    I just love drama, me.
    So you'll make someone have a kid with the old gardener and then find out it's her father? (If it was possible)
  • Options
    This is something that everyone probably knows already. In case you don't, there is a cheat where you can turn off the ageing. That's good for any sims that you particularly like.

Open the chat window and type "ageing off". Type "ageing on" to reverse the cheat.
  • Options
    This is something that everyone probably knows already. In case you don't, there is a cheat where you can turn off the ageing. That's good for any sims that you particularly like.

Open the chat window and type "ageing off". Type "ageing on" to reverse the cheat.
    I think I read that in the game's official manual...
  • Options

Excellent. I was hoping there was something like that. I get far too attached to my sims :(
  • Options
    I have a mac computer and as sim's 2 isn't out for it yet (anyone know if it ever will be?) I don't have it.
    But so far, it sounds pretty much like the first sims, just with afew improvements...
  • Options
    Apart from the graphics, the main difference is the long-term aspects of your sims.

E.g. You have your basic needs as per Sims 1 (bladder, energy etc). Then you have "aspirations" which are the long-term needs such as getting a new job, having your first kiss etc. The long-term needs fills up a separate metre similar to that of the basic needs.

Another example is that you can learn skill points, but you can slowly lose that skill if you don't maintain it.

The other example is ageing.
  • Options
    played it for a weeka nd got very bored very quickly although it is better then the ever expanding expansions for the first one
    .matt