Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I Want To Work With Animals!!! Please Read

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi,

Mazza here.

I am writing thi spost to try and contact the person who wanted to work with animals. YOU DON'T NECESSARILY NEED A DEGREE, there are OTHER OPTIONS. We have done a bit of research here at the site. Obviously you can:

a) work in a pet shop
b) become a vet's assistant - you will need some training and to gain a relevant qualification but not necessarily a degree
c) You can become a zookeeper who looks after the animals
d) an A-level qualification in zoology/biology will help you on your way.

Any more info needed come back to me.

Mariam
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

Mazza here.

I am writing thi spost to try and contact the person who wanted to work with animals. YOU DON'T NECESSARILY NEED A DEGREE, there are OTHER OPTIONS. We have done a bit of research here at the site. Obviously you can:

a) work in a pet shop
    b) become a vet's assistant - you will need some training and to gain a relevant qualification but not necessarily a degree
    c) You can become a zookeeper who looks after the animals
    d) an A-level qualification in zoology/biology will help you on your way.

Any more info needed come back to me.

Mariam

Sounds about right!
  • Options
    This is very interesting. I really want to work with animals but was concerned that my degree isn't in Veterinary Science, but in Biology instead.

What advantages could a Biology degree give you when working in this field (as opposed to A Level)?
    Is a Biology degree of any use for this?
  • Options
    workimg with animals

Alan,

Have you got any more details about exactly what you want to do with animals and then I can find out seome info a bit later today/tomorrow for you:-)
  • Options
    I think I'd like to work with primates and looking at their behaviour patterns, perhaps? I'm also interested in conservation, and I thought the two would be linked, ie, you need to understand their behaviour to save their habitats etc!

That sort of thing, I'm sure you can tell I'm not fully organised on this. If you could help with information that would be excellent!

I'm doing a generalised Biology degree, and I'm not really sure what this allows me to do really....