Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Stress Management

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure if this is the right board or not, but basically I want some tips on Stress management.

To cut a long story short Ive started back at university for my final year ( i did a placement year) in September and I'm deeply unhappy there. I always have been, I nearly quit at the end of the first year.

It's not that I can't do the work, I know I can, I'm expected to get a 2:1 etc. Basically I don't enjoy it at all and I'm suffering from anxiety in a big way.

Luckily, I stay at home so I've got my parents to support me and talk to and girlfriend who I love you so much. Unfortunately I'm letting it effect me really bad, I feel sick when I'm there and really anxious. I haven't been in for the past couple of days and I've been really happy but I'm back tomorrow and ths awful feeling has come back.

I was wondering if there is any techniques to relieve this stress/anxiety?

Comments

• Options
    Theres a type of meditation you could use.
    Close your eyes and picture a stair case, picture yourself walking down it one step at a time, count each step as you go down untill you reach 100. Then picture yourself in a warm room, maybe a log fire and a single chair.
    Sit in the chair and make yourself comfortable, take your thumb and fore finger (right hand) and pinch lightly the space between thumb and fore finger on your left hand (where the bottom of the thumb and the bottom of the fore finger meet).
    Do this for 15 minutes or so then in your mind walk back up the stairs counting back from 100, when you reach 0 open your eyes.
    The next time your in a stressful situation pinch the pressure point.
    Through the meditation you have subconsiously assosiated the pinching of the pressure point with calmness, and so you'll feel relaxed.
    I used to use this when I had to do pressentations in front of people, works for me.
    the more you do the meditation the better it will get.
  • Options
    Cheers I will try it out.

Thnks very much for the reply
  • Options
    Originally posted by Punto
    Cheers I will try it out.

Thnks very much for the reply

I posted something ages ago about a computer program you can download off thenet that plays music and does patterns onthe screen and is meant to help relax you, search and you shall find!!!