Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

A Little Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For an exercise for my 'British Government and Politics' part of my Politics course I have to write a short comparision of the Taxation policies of The Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat and Scottish National Parties. I have searched the websites of all of them and have got most of what i need. However nowhere on the Labour Party website can i find policy on Taxation (Typical really) So I was just wondering could anyone find me a helpful link as I can't find one myself. Please? :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Labour Party policy on Taxation
    As much as they can get away with, preferably indirectly so no one notices.

That's not a direct quote. [/libel prevention]
    Have a look through the back issues of Political Quarterly, it's available through ATHENS.

One of them is a special issue on New Labour's policy, it's a very informative read.

Sorry I don't have the reference for you, my British politics bibliography is on my home computer.
    on a side note, you all complain about stealth taxes, in the 92 election kinnock was open about what taxes would rise, andby how much and what it would fund, what happened? people here want something for nothing, so give em it in the form of stealth
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    on a side note, you all complain about stealth taxes, in the 92 election kinnock was open about what taxes would rise, andby how much and what it would fund, what happened? people here want something for nothing, so give em it in the form of stealth
    Couldn't agree more. It was the same with the Lib Dems in 1997. Simply more evidence that the masses are asses.
    Thanks everyone, I have to get it from links on the Labour Party website though, so I think i will need to get it from The Treasury though that isn't really coherant either. All I want to know is what Labour do with taxes!

I feel so dirty about visiting the Conservative website though. :(
    Originally posted by Renzokuken

I feel so dirty about visiting the Conservative website though. :(

Heh. I spend more time on newssources that oppose my point of view, than the ones that affirm it.

Knowing the enemy and all...
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Heh. I spend more time on newssources that oppose my point of view, than the ones that affirm it.

Knowing the enemy and all...

Looking at Conservative Party stuff goes against everything that is me :(