Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

My Music

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did something which changed all of my song's artists to Madonna. If I do a system restore will they be changed back?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry but :lol:. How much tuneage do you have? And sorry no, I don't know any way of getting old names back.
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Sorry but :lol:. How much tuneage do you have? And sorry no, I don't know any way of getting old names back.

Over 200 :( I'm changing them all now.
    Was it just the filename or the titles of the songs (i.e. in the ID3 tag), or both?
    Originally posted by Jazza
    Over 200 :( I'm changing them all now.

Could be worse, you could have as many as me, nearly 800.
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Could be worse, you could have as many as me, nearly 800.

It took me more than an hour to fix them all. Don't do what I did :|
    Getting every MP3 tag to be Madonna is surely a difficult thing to achieve if you haven't used any 3rd-party programs. I know that there are special tagging programs that will alter the MP3s in batch. If you've messed around with one of those, then the mistake can easily be done.

No, system restore will not fix this problem. Personal files (DOCs, images, music) will stay intact, unaltered. Any driver updates, program installations and setting changes WILL be the ones that gets altered during system restore.
    Originally posted by Monserrat
    Getting every MP3 tag to be Madonna is surely a difficult thing to achieve if you haven't used any 3rd-party programs. I know that there are special tagging programs that will alter the MP3s in batch. If you've messed around with one of those, then the mistake can easily be done.

No, system restore will not fix this problem. Personal files (DOCs, images, music) will stay intact, unaltered. Any driver updates, program installations and setting changes WILL be the ones that gets altered during system restore.

It was the software that came with my new MP3 Player. I changed them all back anyway.