Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why do fucking chavs do it,

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are chavs the same as townys? In that case, I think it's more the way they act than the way they dress. Of course, the ones who do act like pricks do seem to all dress the same way, tracksuits, burberry, baseball caps on with a hoody over it. But there are people who will dress like this just to be fashionable and aren't associated with them.

But as with anything, it's guilt by association. Because you look like them people assume you act like them. It's always dangerous to make prejudiced assumptions but people aren't perfect and will be prejudiced. I try to stay away from people who dress like the above because in my experience most of them are trouble - if that means I avoid nice people because of the way they dress then so be it but I just don't want the trouble.

My opinion on the ones who act like twats is that they've been spoilt and their parents don't give them a good hiding. Also, they've probably been influenced by other people and just egg each other on. Not truly a lost cause though, most of them will probably grow out of it when the harsh reality of dole-life hits them.

It would be nice if they didn't cause trouble for others though, but you'll always get those that reject the way society works and try and do it their own way (even if they are just copying all the other ones that do it).

But anyway Graeme, police are your friend :p we had hassle down here about a fortnight ago, the police came down and took all the booze off them, they went home drunk, crying in the rain, and on monday to try to save some face they said they bricked our windows. But you've got to realise the real reason behind it is that they obviously feel completely insignificant and need to feel 'big'. Which is also why there are 12 year olds going out with 18 year olds (they want a 'real' man) and why 18 year olds go out with 12 year olds (they think can pull anyone).

At the end of the day, normal, happy functioning people of society realy rub them up the wrong way. They especially hate happy young couples - take it as a compliment if you will, it's more likely envy that's led them to targetting to you than malice.
  • Options
    *cuddles up the TheShyBoyInTheCorner*

Wise words young man :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Yes, you certainly can. A lot of it is cheap tat tbh, but I can buy a roll of 30 heavy duty binbags there for 99p when they're about 2 quid for 10 at Asda, so needs must.

indeed. big jiffy bags 5 for £1, small ones 10 for £1. drastically increases your ebay profit. yus.

and in my time, i have seen dickheads of every social stereotype. i don't give a shit what you wear. just don't act like a prick.
  • Options
    ARGGGGHHH I KNOW CHAV NOT FUNNY HATE! SMASH WINDOWS YM
  • Options
    Originally posted by weebl
    ARGGGGHHH I KNOW CHAV NOT FUNNY HATE! SMASH WINDOWS YM

EXCUSE ME ?!
  • Options
    CHAVS OUTSIDE SMASH WINDOW CAR AHTE HATE HTE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0
    EXCUSE ME ?!

llololol
  • Options
    Originally posted by weebl
    CHAVS OUTSIDE SMASH WINDOW CAR AHTE HATE HTE!!!!!!!!!!!

How selfish of you. I have work soon. Could you not have joined at a time convinient to me so I could at least witness the degrading bitch fight that will probably ensue? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    I blame it on upbringing and the media, which means it isn't them who are the twunts.

I disagree. Neds were kicking about Glasgow long before all this crap in the media about them.
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    But there are people who will dress like this just to be fashionable and aren't associated with them.

I doubt it. Anyone with the slightest bit of fashion sense knows a full white tracky, socks pulled over it, a Burberry cap etc. makes you look like a fanny.
    My opinion on the ones who act like twats is that they've been spoilt and their parents don't give them a good hiding. Not truly a lost cause though, most of them will probably grow out of it when the harsh reality of dole-life hits them.

I couldn't disagree with this more. The neds about here don't come from homes whose parents can afford to spoil them, that's usually the goths. The ned's come from what we call 'schemes'. ie shit, falling apart council estates. They never grow out of it. Not even when the harsh reality of dole life hits.

One of the nearest schemes to me is called Springburn. The neddy wee girls' plan is actually to get pregnant 'round about the age of 16. That way, they get a free council house and child support. I'm not kidding, that's the mentality of most of them here. Then their kids grow up, and end up repeating the cycle.

That's just the girls. The guys fight with the guys from each of the other schemes near them. I wouldn't really give a shit if they stayed in their own shitholes and beat the shit outta each other, but they don't. They come down to where we live and start their shit down here.

This is what I'm talking about.
    But anyway Graeme, police are your friend :p

Police aren't your friend. The police do fuck all when it comes to them. The amount of times I've seen people telling the police about them getting their ass kicked by a group of neds, the police going to their door but not actually doing anything about it then the neds coming back and kicking their ass again is untrue.
    But you've got to realise the real reason behind it is that they obviously feel completely insignificant and need to feel 'big'.

You don't need to remember that at all. They're fannies, end of.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    what you said

Perhaps it's not applicable where you are but where I live all of them are spoilt brats, their parents think they're good little children. One of them even started crying when my mum took them home to their parents.

Guess Scotland is more rough than Leicester.
  • Options
    I wear a cap, football shirt & trainers, do I class as part chav??
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    I wear a cap, football shirt & trainers, do I class as part chav??

Depends what kinda cap/trainers. Most men wear football tops anyway, just not out to pubs and crap.
  • Options
    I couldn't honestly care how people dress, if they act like a twat, they are a twat, if they are cool, they are cool. Clothes don't make the personality.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kakarrot
    Clothes don't make the personality.

Alot of the time clothes reflect someones personality though.
  • Options
    true, but then again, they usually are just conforming to the way they would be seen by everyone else.

But whenever I see the group outside homebase at 8pm, I do tend to avoid getting to close, It's just people and large groups, never a good combination!
  • Options
    But if you saw loads of people dressed up in anoraks with what would jesus do printed on them, you're not going to worry so much about them running up to you and mugging you or whatever, than a group of smoking, drinking, hoody and tracksuit wearing people.

And in the majority of cases it would be the ones who dress like that who cause the trouble. That's why people avoid them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    :mad: shut up

what you gonna do? Knife me? Put my windows through;)
  • Options
    what you gonna do? Knife me? Put my windows through

no but im going to laugh at the fact that you think its acceptable to make such stereotypical prejudiced comments about people simply based upon looks (either that or you're atkin the piss :P )

Lot of young (almost exclusively poor) males of afro-carribean stock are involved in criminal activities; statistical fact. But does this mean we should run around saying that because there is a statistical trend to this, that all young black males are theiving drug dealing dizzee rascal wannabe's with caps and hoods? No of course no beacuse it's a bollocks generalisation based upon on a trend within a group that gives rise to ridiculous sterotypes like the one above :rolleyes:, which in turn ignores the rights of the non criminal majorities in these groups by projecting the actions of others onto them 'because they look similar'.

And if this discrimination was done on the basis of skin tone then i dont think there would be such vocal discrimination based upon looks going on here.

The problem isnt burberry or Fred perry or socks in trousers, its the mindset of individuals or groups.

Oh and i wonder if some of the most vocal 'chav-haters' here are actually from areas where there arent to many of them...

If you put a label on someone, they might just start acting up to it or get pushed toward people who are judged 'more like them' because all you victimised chav haters have turned your backs on anyone who doesnt wear jeans.

Im just saying dong go to far with the stereotype is all:)
  • Options
    Re: Why do fucking chavs do it,
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    they start threatening people.. bragging about how they're gonna smash there windows and don't care if they get a criminal record but never do it,

God, im so pissed off, apparently they're coming all the way down from oxford to get me... and they're gonna get my gf aswell.. although they said they would do it several hours ago and never did,

why do people brag about shit and never do it?:mad: whats the point in "actin ard" and smashing people up:mad:

Hello sorry i werent here when you posted this and i cant be arsed to read what everyone has written but from the first 2 pages it looks like no one has really said anything about your problem, so i will.

Firstly why or how do these people know your gf?
    surely if they were/are her friends - she's mixing with the wrong people for them to be ****s to her...

why are they picking on you? did you piss someone off while you were down there? how did they get yours or hers number?

and lastly - dont let it get to you, boys of that age i dont think will physically hit your gf -especially for no reason, and also no way would someone waste time and money travelling for 2 and half hours to come and beat you up -especially in your own area as chav's know thats important - well i do as i live in a chav area and if you aint got your mates with ya you dont stand a chance...

nothing will happen to you or her, but i can see how its bugging you especially whe you live so far away and cant help her if she needs it... sorry love
  • Options
    Thats the way they are, threaten and then never carry things out. Deal with it :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Alot of the time clothes reflect someones personality though.

For example Kiezo wears homosexual clothing ;o
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    :lol: with consists of what exactly?
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry, you say they're only empty threats. Just ignore them. They'll soon move on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Thats the way they are, threaten and then never carry things out. Deal with it :p

TBH I always thought that - till one of the major chav's in my area kidnapped and repeatedly raped a girl on her way home from work one night - they kept her for 3 days.

Before that I'd kind of always just thought they had been all talk and maybe if your were unlucky you'd get a bit of a beating or mugged.

Having said that it is probably only a very few people - who give others a bad name - I certainly know loads of people who at first glance one would think they had chav ish tendencies - but they are all lovely.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    people dressed up in anoraks with what would jesus do printed on them,

Sounds like my parents:(
  • Options
    Chavs are great arent they! Just when you think your opinion of them couldnt possibly get any lower *BANG* Hello Mr Devil, hows the weather down there! Other than the fact theyre completely hilarious to listen too, look at and well, laugh at, they are always there to show you just how bad things can be.

In my experience of the Chavistic race, theyre full of empty threats and meaningless grumbles. Trying to argue with them is pointless because all your witty comments are recieved by a growl, which saddens me really but you cant really expect more.

Most of these wanna be rude boys are from middle class families and suddenly a BMX, a swear word and a baseball cap makes them street and 'ard.

I wouldnt take them too seriously because if they was really worth losing sleep over they wouldnt have threatened you or your girlfriend, theyd have just done something straight up.

Look and laugh....or offer them a marlboro lite to make the peace.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir

Lot of young (almost exclusively poor) males of afro-carribean stock are involved in criminal activities; statistical fact. But does this mean we should run around saying that because there is a statistical trend to this, that all young black males are theiving drug dealing dizzee rascal wannabe's with caps and hoods?

I thought someone would bring skin colour into this. Of course not all black people are criminals, but the majority of black people who go around with bling, oversized basketball tops, baseball caps hanging to the side are complete dicks. They're like the black versions of neds.

Skin colour isn't something you choose, dress sense is. If you're the kinda person that chooses to live up to the stereotype through the way you dress (let's face it, they aren't doing it to look good), you're more than likely to be the same kinda person whose behaviour fits the stereotype too.

What really gets me is neds who complain about them being labels neds 'causa the way they dress. If you don't wanna be labelled a ned, don't dress like a tit. Simple.
    Originally posted by Renzokuken

Lies. I just have style unlike you, ned-wear boy ;<

OH DID I MENTION PYJAMAS!?!?1/1
  • Options
    Kiezo that was beautiful. Well said. Well recieved.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lolita
    Kiezo that was beautiful. Well said. Well recieved.

I have a way with words :razz:
  • Options
    What would you do if you're son or daughter was a chav?