Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Joke Email virus

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Wrong forum I know but more people will see it here and it will probs get moved tomorrow. anyways watch out for THIS

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks Becks :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    This part of the article says it all:
    Anti-virus firms urged users to be wary of unexpected e-mail messages bearing attachments and to update their software to ensure they are protected against the latest threats.

    It doesnt matter what bullshit is going round - common sense stops viruses.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by JsT




    It doesnt matter what bullshit is going round - common sense stops viruses.

    but if your aware of a certain virus then it makes you 'think again' before you do open something suspicious.

    No probs Chaos......bump this up every now and again if it falls :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    but if your aware of a certain virus then it makes you 'think again' before you do open something suspicious.

    No probs Chaos......bump this up every now and again if it falls :)

    What, like common sense does?

    Thanks though beckyboo
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    but if your aware of a certain virus then it makes you 'think again' before you do open something suspicious.

    You should never open anything suspicious - if it looks suspicious then it probably bloody is!

    :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by JsT
    You should never open anything suspicious - if it looks suspicious then it probably bloody is!

    :p

    I dont get many attachments myself like, but while I was on the BBC news website and saw this i thought it must be a pretty big one for them to report.

    No probs Fiend...I aim to please :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I dont get many attachments myself like, but while I was on the BBC news website and saw this i thought it must be a pretty big one for them to report.

    No probs Fiend...I aim to please :p
    thankyou chuck ...always good to made aware.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by rachie004
    I keep getting one from email addresses @ntlworld.com

    it's always something.something3

    and with the statutory zip file attached

    Block @ntlworld.com domain?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bumpety, bumpety, bumpety.........BUMP :p
Sign In or Register to comment.