Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Does anyone else hate the weekend?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Gone are the days when weekends meant two days alternating between the pub and bed. They've become a tiresome chore now, as I have a shit job working both Saturdays and Sundays for insane amounts of hours....I hate the weekend!!!

Comments

• Options
    Re: Does anyone else hate the weekend?
    Originally posted by PinkFeatherBoa
    Gone are the days when weekends meant two days alternating between the pub and bed. They've become a tiresome chore now, as I have a shit job working both Saturdays and Sundays for insane amounts of hours....I hate the weekend!!!

aww ;[[[
  • Options
    Looking forward to the weekend's what gets me through the week ;[
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Working Saturday mornings fucks up the whole weekend for me.
  • Options
    Yes, but this weekend I'm ringing in sick to work. When I actually am sick, so that negates going anywhere. :|
  • Options
    no, i chuffing love them :D
  • Options
    i used to love weekends but since moving i dont have too many people to go out with so i jsut stay in?

anyone wanna come out with me

i'll get the first round in
  • Options
    im not working at the mo so weekends are just like the rest of my week :D

Lurve not working...i can sleep all day
  • Options
    I also hate weekends. Sunday is the only day I'm not doing anything. Monday-Friday I have college and Friday-Saturday I work :(
  • Options
    I'm doing something every day of the week, every week apart from school holidays :hyper: *sigh*. I work Saturday 10 - 6 (although tomorrow it's 10 - 5, leaving early 'cause of stepsister's party), and Sunday 11 - 5. Considering the course I'm doing...this will bollocks up everything. But I need the money. Hm.

I also don't get to stay up late/stay in bed til forever ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. Fun :(
  • Options
    I hate weekends when I need to work. During that time I live for Mondays, when I get to go to school again.
    Sad, but true. :(
  • Options
    when iw worked friday/saturday nights at dad's restaurant i hated the weekends. but been going out shitloads lately with my best mates so all is good :D

apart from my bank balance of course.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*franki chicken*x*
    I'm doing something every day of the week, every week apart from school holidays :hyper: *sigh*. I work Saturday 10 - 6 (although tomorrow it's 10 - 5, leaving early 'cause of stepsister's party), and Sunday 11 - 5. Considering the course I'm doing...this will bollocks up everything. But I need the money. Hm.

I also don't get to stay up late/stay in bed til forever ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. Fun :(

You think that fucks your college up? try doing a full timer's job [i'm averaging 35 hours a week] while doing 4 college courses ;(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    You think that fucks your college up? try doing a full timer's job [i'm averaging 35 hours a week] while doing 4 college courses ;(

35 hours? part timer.

;)
  • Options
    I don't have much love for weekends at the moment, but that's mainly cos i'm working saturday nights at the moment, which is kinda sucky. Plus at uni, nothing much happens at the weekend - we do all our going out during the week :D
  • Options
    I hate the weekend when i'm @ home but then I love the weekend when I stay @ my gf's:heart:

I've got a love/hate relationship with the weekend:p

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    I work on Saturdays. But have Sundays off at work. It does tend to screw up your weekend sometimes when your making plans that take more than one day since most of the people I know work a mon-fri work week. Kind of sucks.
  • Options
    The weekends never used to bother me. Then I started working on Saturday and Sunday. I learnt to hate them. :(
    Now I'm not working Sunday, but Friday and Saturday instead. Working Saturday still screws up my weekend. :mad:
    Worst thing about working Friday is that I can't go to my fave night out on Thurdays as I have to be up early in the morning. :( And I'm shattered on Sundays, so don't have much of a weekend. :(
  • Options
    I hate weekends, it's when I'm busiest in work... Haven't had a weekend off completely since May... Haven't been out on a saturday night for three months.

But yeah... people in my town are miserable on a Friday night, but happier on a Saturday -nods- but either way, when you have middle aged women bawling at you to get them a drink (the term 'mutton dressed as lamb' comes to thought)... It's not my idea of a good time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Looking forward to the weekend's what gets me through the week ;[

Same here.

Friday = Short day, come home to sleep for some hours. Do nothing. Eat proper dinner. And then meet up with friends and get home saturday morning at 6 or 7 am completely smashed, but totally satisfied.

Saturday = Sleeping the day away and meeting up with friends later. Either for a quiet evening or to go out. Depends on energy levels. I quite like cafés on saturday nights.

Sunday = Sleep and homework :(
  • Options
    I love weekends, usually because I can't do anything all week. I must admit though, working on sunday does suck, but hey.... double time!!
  • Options
    Guess who didnt go to work today...:D Overslept by an hour and a half (maybe a little bit on purpose) so just didnt show. They didnt phone me so theyre obviously not THAT bothered about me going in!
    And I'm having a bloody fantastic day :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    35 hours? part timer.

;)

Its bloody full time when you end up facing up other shops :mad:
  • Options
    I hate saturdays, coz I work :( I get Mondays off to compenstae, but that's when the rest of my friends are rushing off to work/uni, so it doesn't really :(
  • Options
    crispy, your av keeps confusing me!!!

i know you're a bloke, but then i see your av and then i start thinking but is he a girl :confused:
  • Options
    Crispy confuses everyone :p
  • Options
    heh, fairy nuff then :)