Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I think I need some help!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:crazyeyes Okay, so I have this intution that my boyfriend of almost a year and a half is going to propose to me when I visit this upcoming christmas. Only I have NO IDEA what to get him for christmas. I bought him an expensive diamond bracelet last year but I want to stay away from getting him jewelry. Just because he might be suspicious that I know whats going on. (he isn't aware that I think he is going to propose :p ). So girls and guys, what would you get/want for christmas if you were going to be proposed to/ or propose to the person you love?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD HELP!!!!!

thanks again!

SexyCandi04

Comments

• Options
    an engagement ring?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    an engagement ring?

You're suggesting SHE proposes to him? Well, that's fine by me. However, how are you so certain that he's going to propose? I'm just curious.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    You're suggesting SHE proposes to him?

no, i'm answering her question:
    what would you get/want for christmas if you were going to be proposed to/ or propose to the person you love?

although for the record i totally think women should propose. why should the men always have to do everything?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    although for the record i totally think women should propose. why should the men always have to do everything?

Agree. We don't want to do everything! However, as for a present, let me think... I'll get back to you shortly.
  • Options
    yes I'm sure he's going to propose, his mother always looks out for me... :D

I really don't want to get him any more jewelry, we spoke about wedding rings one day when I brought it up he said he'd never wear a ring because he's to affraid to lose it.
  • Options
    des he like ferraris? get him the gift experience from Boots!
  • Options
    Just you saying Yes should be a good enough present!
  • Options
    Originally posted by SexyCandi04
    I really don't want to get him any more jewelry, we spoke about wedding rings one day when I brought it up he said he'd never wear a ring because he's to affraid to lose it.

if you're not getting a ring, then i don't see why it matters if you're getting engaged or not. just buy him something he'll love.
  • Options
    I think there was a misunderstanding...he's getting me an engagement ring, or has already purchased me one. I need a good gift idea for HIM, but no jewelry because he won't wear it. Sorry...
    whats boots?
  • Options
    I think there was a misunderstanding...he's getting me an engagement ring, or has already purchased me one. I need a good gift idea for HIM, but no jewelry because he won't wear it. Sorry...
    whats boots?
    a checmist type big chain store. they sell ferrari drives.
    what kind of a peron is he? what's his humour? what's his music taste? how old is he? is he trendy? tell me what he's like n i'll help u some more
  • Options
    Okay he's a very laid back funny :lol: person who enjoys himself a lot. He's fillipino and strongly believes in religion. He likes just about everything music wise but lately he likes country...which I'm not so fond of:p . Geez, he is extremely trendy (likes expensive things...kinda like me...we make a very dangerous couple), wants to move out...terribly. Um, I'm not sure what else I could say about him that isn't to much information.

thanks for your help!!!! I'm still boggled at what I should get him!

SexyCandi04
  • Options
    surely if you know this guy well enough to marry him you know him well enough to know what he likes?
  • Options
    You're really young to be getting married, but I'm not going to lecture you. And his mum's so mean if she told you he's going to propose because she's like, wrecked the whole surprise :p.

But anyway, how about something simple? Jewellery and perfume and the expensive things like that are all too clichéd. And anyway, it shouldn't matter the price. Find something that's relevant to the two of you, or to him, and it will probably mean a lot more. Like, if my girlfriend got me a £50,000 ferrari, sure that's nice, but I'd probably prefer a tree (I'm into the whole gardening thing).

What's your boyfriend into? It's really you who should be making the decision, because at the end of the day it's a present from you, not from us on a discussion board. If I knew any present I got that really meant something to me was only given because people said it was a good present to get then it wouldn't mean as much.

But as with anything it's all relative, perhaps your boyfriend is into the whole generic thing, and doesn't particularly like anything different. In which case I would say get him a classic watch, perhaps with both your names etched onto the reverse of the watchy dial bit.
  • Options
    To: Kaffrin...

Is your only high in life to belittle people and be rude in the process? I'm just wondering because damn you come off very bitchy. I hope someone pissed in your wheaties this morning!:p
    So I'm not the greatest gift giver, I was just asking for advice because I honestly don't know what to get him!

Have a nice day...
  • Options

Is your only high in life to belittle people and be rude in the process? I'm just wondering because damn you come off very bitchy. I hope someone pissed in your wheaties this morning!:p
    So I'm not the greatest gift giver, I was just asking for advice because I honestly don't know what to get him!

I think rather than throwing her advice back in her face when she need not have given you any at all (and I've been here long enough to know Kaffrin doesn't go around just being bitchy, she was giving you advice), that you should seriously consider it. You know this guy probably better than anyone, so from what you know, what would he like? He likes expensive things, so make sure to spend a lot of money. He likes trendy things, so get something fashionable. How about some Italian shoes? :p (or are they not in anymore?) He wants to move out, so if you can't go the whole way you could at least give him a break and buy him and yourself a holiday. Go for a ski trip in France - it's lovely there.

But at the end of the day, all these are idle suggestions and you're the one who knows him best, and I'm sure if he cares about you it won't matter what you get him, as long as it is from you and you mean it when you give it to him.
  • Options

Have a nice day...

I was going to offer you some advice, until I read this. Kaffrin is one of the most helpful people on this site and if you'd read outside of your own thread you'd probably see that no, she doesn't get a kick out of belittling people or being rude at all.

You sound more bitchy yourself, to be honest.
  • Options

Have a nice day...

i'm not being rude, i'm being honest. you don't have to like it, but then, i don't have to care.

and i will have a nice day. i always do :)