Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

100,000 dead in Iraq.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    The government pretends that it is "our" government - and we should definitely push it when they start committing mass murder IN OUR NAME - 100 000 arrests would be a major victory for us..........

Dismantling the bases would have been superb.

What will you do next time?

I am not happy about these acts being done in "my" name, but I don't believe they are in my name. I wasn't even old enough to vote when Labour came to power.

I don't know - what will you do?
  • Options
    Right...I'm rushing off to watch 'The Corporation' in the cinema... but I will be back

Nice thread btw :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    I am not happy about these acts being done in "my" name, but I don't believe they are in my name. I wasn't even old enough to vote when Labour came to power.

I don't know - what will you do?

I'll join those taking direct-action to try and stop them -

we could do with a lot more help next time .......

;)
  • Options
    Im glad to see someone else taking my advice of several weeks back and going to see The Corporation! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    I'll join those taking direct-action to try and stop them -

we could do with a lot more help next time .......

;)
    the public need educating ...the uniouns need to bring the country to a standstill.
    then ...just then maybe the powers that be will listen.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Im glad to see someone else taking my advice of several weeks back and going to see The Corporation! :)
    And what a corker of a movie it is Clandestine. I would recommend it to anyone who takes the slightest bit of interest in global/local politics.

An eye opener to say the least...it really is a beauty :)
  • Options
    I wouldnt use the term "beauty" to describe its subject matter however. I would describe it as necessarily shocking and revelatory.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    I wouldnt use the term "beauty" to describe its subject matter however. I would describe it as necessarily shocking and revelatory.
    Indeed. I'm actually quite impressed by the quality and quantity of film making that seems to be eminating from the progressive community these days. Well impressed me ;)
  • Options
    Afraid to say that 1. Our supposed "precision" bombing isnt all that precise (especially when hurling thousands into densely populated cities like Baghdad), and 2. When following up with apache launched missiles into equally densely packed residential neighbourhoods, the result is countless (then again the Pentagon doesnt give a rats ass about accurate civilian death counts) civilian losses.

As for what our soldiers are doing, you can bet in that atmosphere, with young wide eyed and essentially disenfranchised youth from back home looking for an outlet for pent up aggression, our soldiers are indeed firing at anything that says boo too loudly (when theyre not kicking in the doors of civilian homes and dragging people out in the middle of the night).

These figures are likely underinflated, not overinflated.

Neocon-led empire building at its finest!