Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

grrrr

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
GRRR!!!!

okay so this isn't about advice or anything...
i'm just annoyed...
and i need to rant...

so one of my close friends is a model.. and lately it's been getting to her head...

and she's starting to put me down on my appearances... and making me feel like shit...

i already talked to her about it.. and she just blew it off and blah blah blah
and said that she would make an effort to change...

but then just the other day... we were getting hit on.. and she goes.. "oh... it's so funny that guys always hit on me.. as if they actually have a chance"

and when i go out in scrubby clothing.. like sweatpants and a t-shirt.. or even jeans and a t-shirt.. she looks me up and down and is like.. "you should change... b/c i don't want to be seen with you if you look liek that.."

and she's never been liek this before..
and GRRRR!!!

:::growls:::

Comments

• Options
    I know of a girl that acts like that, and maybe it's coincidence, but she's a 'model' too. Me thinks she's rather below averaged, and not quite built for a model, but whatever... Anyway, she's really full of herself, she has to be in the center all the time, and she's even unaware of that. All she thinks about is herself. I went kart racing, and was just discussing it with my friends, she gets there and says: Oh, i've done it too. Who the fuck cares if you did it or not? You were not invited here. She always does that kind of things. She can't just listen, nooo, she has to be noticed...

Sorry, i was ranting too. I think there's no point in discussing it with her, because she probably already has the feeling that she's on top of the world, and it revolves around her. What you can do is have some fun with her...erm...make fun of her by 'enforcing' a topic or by countering her statements... It will make her angry, and you will be quite distanced from it, but still it will be fun...

That's what i do all the time :)(I know, i'm a bad person) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    but the thing is.. my friend is beautiful.. she's not below average...

it's just ithat i'm getting pissed off at how she's making me feel ugly compareed to her on purpose!

and i don't think i'm ugly at all...

but she makes me feel that wya.. you know? and she's aware of it...
  • Options
    Angel, is that you in the senior pictures? Cause if it is, you're incredibly beautiful! But evidently you also seem to show, from threads and the fact that this is getting to you, that you're sensitive and compassionate and well...considering she has outer beauty, so do you and comparitively you also have inner beauty which she seems to lack!!

If she is this self-centred and "I'm the world, bow down"...well I'd distance myself from her, or just plainly express how she makes you feel and that you would like it to stop or it's gonna bring about the end of any sort of relationship you two have.
  • Options
    GRRR!!!!

okay so this isn't about advice or anything...
    i'm just annoyed...
    and i need to rant...

so one of my close friends is a model.. and lately it's been getting to her head...

and she's starting to put me down on my appearances... and making me feel like shit...

i already talked to her about it.. and she just blew it off and blah blah blah
    and said that she would make an effort to change...

but then just the other day... we were getting hit on.. and she goes.. "oh... it's so funny that guys always hit on me.. as if they actually have a chance"

and when i go out in scrubby clothing.. like sweatpants and a t-shirt.. or even jeans and a t-shirt.. she looks me up and down and is like.. "you should change... b/c i don't want to be seen with you if you look liek that.."

and she's never been liek this before..
    and GRRRR!!!

:::growls:::

this sounds like a completely odious person, she may have the body of Venus and a bum you can stand an ashytray on but she just sounds ugly:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Angel121077
    but the thing is.. my friend is beautiful.. she's not below average...

it's just ithat i'm getting pissed off at how she's making me feel ugly compareed to her on purpose!

and i don't think i'm ugly at all...

It doesn't matter if she is beautiful or not, the behaviour is the same. It seems to me that you are somehow comparing yourself to her. (then again i might be very wrong). But no matter how beautiful she is, she just got ugly by doing that kind of things to her friends. Beauty is not just in the looks. Her personality sucks. Maybe she was a great friend, been there when you needed her, but if she acts like this, then she probably doesn't care about you enough. It happens all the time, but if you tried talking to her, and she refused changing her attitude, then... i guess you should turn to some other friends. I'll quote what i quoted already:
    Is that ok? Would you do that (to someone you care about)? I think not. I might be wrong and you might be overreacting, maybe you should give her some time, and maybe you should end your friendship. Both have ups and downs.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    I know it's an awful cliche, but beauty doesn't last, whereas being a kind and sensitive person does.

Your girlfriend might look good to people initially, but in the end, people won't bother when they get treated like dirt. And that's what I think you need to start doing too. You've told her how much she's upsetting you and she's paid you not one bit of respect back. So seriously - don't bother. Attitudes like that stink, and it will come back and bite her on the bum one day.
    :yes: :yes: :yes:
  • Options
    i agree with what everyone else has said - good looks do not make her a good person! you sound 10times better than her, and anyone who preferes her over you will soon realise the mistake they've made!
    dont compare yourself to her. if i were you id just say "look hun, ive tried talking to you, but you aint listening. im sick of you putting me down bcos you're a model+im not - grow up" then leave her to it. She'll soon she the error of her ways+may change (miracles can happen)
    SBG
  • Options
    Ditto the GWST's post. At the end of the day she'll end up with no real friends and people who are as self-centered and vain as her. Then she'll realise exactly how shit life is without good friends.
    I always tend to feel sorry for people like this as they work in such a shallow industry that it doesn't matter how much of a bitch or a bore you are as long as you look good. So the honest, intelligent women who are lovely too get put down and ground down until they hide these qualities and nothing matters apart from beauty.
    If it was me i'd just have it out with her, or rather be honest. Tell her she's being a bitch, she's hurt your feelings and it can't carry on if she's going to keep thinking she's cindy crawford all the time. I'd back it up by saying yes you're lovely and you used to be a great friend but now you're just a shallow insecure girl who can't see past the arse licking wankers who make up the majority of her industry. You can be beautiful and a good friend at the same time.

*good luck and don't let her put you down. She's obviously got insecurities as well to be like that with you. I'd actually probably become very infantile as well e.g start behaving like a complete redneck when out in public with her :lol: scratching arse, pick your nose, fart in the shops :) Rather like homer simpson :)
  • Options
    Your friend is a bitch for talking to you that way. As the other posters have said beauty is ethereal, and believe me maybe initially guys will like her for her face, but once they get to know her....
  • Options
    I have absolutely no idea why your friend is putting you down on appearances, as you happen to be absolutely gorgeous. It sounds like your friend has got self-esteem issues. If she's a model, she will almost certainly come across a lot of other models as well, and might feel inferior to them. So, to make her feel better, she hits out at you. Angel, you must indicate clearly that you are having none of it.
  • Options
    I know it's an awful cliche, but beauty doesn't last, whereas being a kind and sensitive person does.

Your girlfriend might look good to people initially, but in the end, people won't bother when they get treated like dirt. And that's what I think you need to start doing too. You've told her how much she's upsetting you and she's paid you not one bit of respect back. So seriously - don't bother. Attitudes like that stink, and it will come back and bite her on the bum one day.

:yes:

has anyone seen that film ('Sunset Boulevard') where this massively popular actress has her fame slowly stripped away, so that she ends up doing stupidly small films as she gets older and losing all her fame?

and yet she can never let it go?

'You used to be a big shot?'

'I am Big! Its the picures that got smaller...'

sorry just thought of that and had a brain fart
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pan_chan_boo
    have to say if i were you id give her what for, she sounds way too big headed.

id have a big kick off, hit her if i felt the need to (after all its her pretty face that made her like that, might aswell attempt to do something about it) then at the end of it all, apologise sarcasticaly and tell her that i hope she marry's a guy who has alot of money and a sports car.... and that i hope he's fat, bald and boring.

yeh i know it probably aint the answer, but thats just me. :p

haha.. i'm not really the violent type...

you know.. i think i'm just gonna let her do whatever she's doing.. b/c it seems like she's just going through a "phase" i mean.. it all started when some really popular photographer asked her to be in a fashion show... and that's when she got cocky...
    hopefully she'll get over it... but i'm not going to just stop being friends with someone just b/c she makes me feel ugly... that's a ridiculous reason to end a friendship.. don't you think?
  • Options
    hopefully she'll get over it... but i'm not going to just stop being friends with someone just b/c she makes me feel ugly... that's a ridiculous reason to end a friendship.. don't you think?

And friends are people who repeatedly put you down, are they?
  • Options
    you seem to be concerned about maintaining this freindship, did she have any of these tendecies before her modelling career?:confused:
  • Options
    but i'm not going to just stop being friends with someone just b/c she makes me feel ugly... that's a ridiculous reason to end a friendship.. don't you think?

in a word, no. i dont think that is a rediculous reason to finish a friendship. friends are people that should enjoy making you feel good about yourself, not get pleasure from thinking that they are better than you. If it was an attempt at what she considered to be constructive criticism id say maybe. but you have tried to talk to her about it and she has done nothing to change the way that she acts towards you.

I think that you should explain that you cant be friends with someone who's main priority is to make you feel bad about yourself just to make her feel better and if she feels like she can change the way that she has been acting then to give you a call.

but at the end of the day thats just my opinion and its your decision. I think in the situation your having trouble seing past what a good friend she used to be which is understandable but i think that the key pint is used to be a good friend she's just proving that she isnt anymore by the way that she is acting
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mel-H
    I think that you should explain that you cant be friends with someone who's main priority is to make you feel bad about yourself just to make her feel better and if she feels like she can change the way that she has been acting then to give you a call.

I agree with this. You don't exactly have to end the friendship but you need to do something more than just casually mention it to her in the hope that she'll change. I think you should tell her she's been making you feel terrible and insecure about yourself, and you need to spend some time away from her if you can even think about staying friends with her. Maybe some time apart will make her see what she stands to lose if she carries on like this.
  • Options
    Maybe some time apart will make her see what she stands to lose if she carries on like this.

:yes:

people often dont realise the value of those around them until they are absent for a period of time, and its a healthy learning experience sometimes.
  • Options
    You could be cruel and mess with her ..

"Is that a spot??"

"Is that a new wrinkle!!"
  • Options
    Tell her how u feel. If she don't listen then forget her. She'll come back to reality.