Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drug users are lowlifes

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because, unless you hadnt noticed we live in a society, thus our actions have a knock on effect to those around us.

A balance has to be struck between the good of society and the rights of the individual.

So, if you want to live as a hermit and smoke all the rocks you want then I'm fine with that. I would however suggest that freely available crack cocaine in a coherant society would actually cross the line and societies rights win over the individual on this.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    i was under the impression that supply carried class c penalties (although im not sure i made this clear) or am i wrong im thinking this?

To my knowledge its actually not classed under the Misuse of Drugs Act, so it can not carry Class C penalties.

The actual act of supply can be dealt with under the Medicines Act and carry similar penalties to Class C, but not the same.
  • Options
    circular arguement; what about the rights of the individual to be protected for substance abuse or indeed the consequences of it.

also there is the cognative arguement against chronic crack use; at what point does the desire to use stop becoming a choice?:confused:
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    To my knowledge its actually not classed under the Misuse of Drugs Act, so it can not carry Class C penalties.

The actual act of supply can be dealt with under the Medicines Act and carry similar penalties to Class C, but not the same.

From Erowid
    U.K.
    Ketamine is not controlled in the U.K. under the Misuse of Drugs Act, making it legal to possess. However sales and distribution are controlled under the Medicines Act making it illegal to sell or distribute without a license.
  • Options
    thanks, now i understand :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    thanks, now i understand :)

What?! I said the same thing as LadyJade twice and you didnt understand it, she puts it in swanky little bracket things and then you understand it?!

Poo!
  • Options
    There is some point to me finding well written nuggets of information Bong, and besides, what I posted was just confirming and what you said. You just weren't as eloquent.
  • Options
    Ketamine doesnt come under the Misuse of Drugs Act, so it doesnt have a 'class' in those terms.

Its prescribed under the Medicines Act of 1963 (isnt it? Dam I can never remember the dates) thus making supply without a licence a criminal offence.

Carrying or using personal amounts of ketamine is completely legal.

In fact it is really only the actually supplying thats the crime, so you could have 5kg and you probably couldnt get done for 'with intent'.

How does that not explain the whole point?

But, yes, you're indeed right, my word alone isnt really enough. Though as for using Erowid, they arent a completely trust worthy source either.
  • Options
    But, yes, you're indeed right, my word alone isnt really enough. Though as for using Erowid, they arent a completely trust worthy source either.

But in this case they are just reporting on the law, which is factual and not an opinion.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    But in this case they are just reporting on the law, which is factual and not an opinion.

Hmm, is it though? Have you actually checked the law?

There is no such thing as objective journalism.

And yes, I am being petty.
  • Options
    In this case, I was going on my memory of what I posted last time this came up, your affirmation of that, a fairly trustworthy source and the Thames Valley Police page on drugs law. I only looked at two websites because I wanted to find some nice clear wording, which Erowid generally has.

And no, you aren't being petty, I think you are being thorough, there's a difference. We are just both quite passionate about getting the correct information out there...
  • Options
    And no, you aren't being petty, I think you are being thorough, there's a difference. We are just both quite passionate about getting the correct information out there...

Well yes, the correct information is good, its just important that I said it first.
  • Options
    Of course it is ;) You are a world dominator in waiting, you have to be seen as infallible.
  • Options
    Of course it is ;) You are a world dominator in waiting, you have to be seen as infallible.

What do you mean seen as I am infallible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Some drug users aren't scum. But some are. The ones that
    Import the stuff
    Steal for the stuff
    Kill for the stuff

Are scum.

yer but if you takin da drugs and buyin dem then you are fundin da teorroists and ova criminals so dat makes u as bad as the impoters n ting.
  • Options
    Can you write that in English please?
  • Options
    fozza; if you aren't taking this piss (im convince there are a few new guys on here just taking the piss) then please type in something like standard english.

This is so people who dont understand your colloquial (area specific slang/dialect) speech can understand what you are saying.

I got it but other people may not.
  • Options
    Originally posted by fozza
    yer but if you takin da drugs and buyin dem then you are fundin da teorroists and ova criminals so dat makes u as bad as the impoters n ting.

I think I can understand that.

Yes, some drug trade does fund terrorism, though most of it is internal type terrorism, such as in Columbia, rather than international. And of course its really only limited to cocaine and heroin.