Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Land of the Free...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is that actually genuine? Straight out of a M. Moore film.
    that is the way things are heading, where you can be accused of treason for criticising your government, like the guy who got thrown out of that mall in america for wearing anti-bush t-shirt, democracy is an endangered species, especially in u.s........dont let yourself be intimidated you have a right to free speech, even if it's to say what a cock george bush is.
    That is too scary, the implications of that aren't nice at all...
    Fucking bastards. :mad:

Edit: I mean it's disgusting that the US government treats people like that just for speaking against the government.
    The link is a Livejournal post. The source isn’t particularly reliable; it’s merely one person’s individual account and could easily have been fabricated.

If it is true, it’s ridiculous behaviour of the US government. However to instantly assume it’s legitimacy and jump to conclusions criticising the US government is pretty imperceptive.
    mr bush ithink your the greatest president ever ...i love the cia ...your country only has the best interests of every human being on earth at heart ...i love you ...mr rumsfeld is an angel of light ...i believe everthing you say and do is for our benefit ...i'm glad god chose you to speak directly to ...honest.
    I believe it's true. Of course it could be a fake. But there have been a good number of real cases reported in the press regarding various people who have been tracked down and interrogated by the FBI or the Secret Service.

From a university student wearing an anti-Bush t-shirt :rolleyes: to the rap singer Eminem for some silly lyrics :rolleyes: :rolleyes: to indeed members of the public who say anything 'off-message' about The Emperor, no-one is safe from the Orwellian state America has become.

That's the Patriot Act for you.

And incredibly, you still get deluded neo-cons who will tell you America is a 'freer' country because they're allowed to play with their guns. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    The link is a Livejournal post. The source isn’t particularly reliable; it’s merely one person’s individual account and could easily have been fabricated.

If it is true, it’s ridiculous behaviour of the US government. However to instantly assume it’s legitimacy and jump to conclusions criticising the US government is pretty imperceptive.

I understand your reticence to believe that a supposedly "free" country acts like this.

However, you might like to look at this
    story too...

A message to my US friends - can you spell t-o-t-a-l-i-t-a-r-i-a-n?
    I hope Globe isn't reading, he'll probably think all this is acceptable behaviour in a "free" country,
    Just don't leave your AK at home, eh Than.
    :rolleyes:

Maybe God told Bush to hunt down the critics?