Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Butterfly Effect

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Cool move, just saw it on DVD .. very thought provoking!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Excellent film. Saw it when it was released in the cinema. It came highly reccomended by a friend, so I had an afternoon with nothing to do, went to see it, and was impressed. ...and was the only person in the cinema. I had the whole place to myself. That's a weird feeling, my own private screening! :)
    The thing is, I tried to explain it to people, and told them it was a great film, but it's hard to explain it without giving anything away.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I love it! I'd have already bought the DVD instead of rented, but the fact that I don't like the DVD ending as much kinda puts me off...
    Oh, and if you think about it, it has a big number of plotholes...
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Very good film. A bit tooo unnecessarily jumpy though!.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought it was fucking incredible - very sick in places but really good.

    And who knew Ashton Kutcher could actually act?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's fantastic!! Very thought-provoking! Bought the DVD last Sunday, though I'd like to see the much-hyped cinema ending.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah it is a good film. Identity is good as well. Another head fuck film.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Neil
    It's fantastic!! Very thought-provoking! Bought the DVD last Sunday, though I'd like to see the much-hyped cinema ending.

    Ooh ... I didn't know they were going to change the ending for the DVD.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I saw it the other week, very much liked it.

    What's the ending in the cinema version?

    ETA: it's ok, I know the other ending now. :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    OK now I'm consfused?

    This movie has one ending for the cinema and anothr for the DVD? WTF?

    Why?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    OK now I'm consfused?

    This movie has one ending for the cinema and anothr for the DVD? WTF?

    Why?
    The way I heard it, the DVD version was what the Kutcher guy wanted it to be, but the producers didn't like it and asked it to be changed for the cinema, but he still wanted to show his version.
    They could have simply have put it as an "alternae ending" in the extras though.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I'm intrigued ...

    Could someone PM me the DVD ending? I don't want you to post it here as it will spoil it. However, I don't want to watch the film again so can someone PM me what happens?

    Muchos Gratias :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    I'm intrigued ...

    Could someone PM me the DVD ending? I don't want you to post it here as it will spoil it. However, I don't want to watch the film again so can someone PM me what happens?

    Muchos Gratias :)

    Thank you Zalbor :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Yeah it is a good film. Identity is good as well. Another head fuck film.
    Identity gave me the creeps. I thought the Butterfly Effect went on for just a bit too long, though.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    love, love, LOVE the movie!!!!!!

    it moved me to tears...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Reese_86
    love, love, LOVE the movie!!!!!!

    it moved me to tears...

    It kinda scared me, makes me wonder if I'm doing the right things now to send my life in a good direction
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hm... to be honest.. i didn't even think about that...

    it just moved me because of all the sacrifices he made for people.. you know? especially the girl...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Reese_86
    hm... to be honest.. i didn't even think about that...

    it just moved me because of all the sacrifices he made for people.. you know? especially the girl...

    Gah. No no no, he wasn't motivated by that at all, he was motivated firstly by a desire to improve his own lot, then after he realised that it wasn't working he was just stuck trying to recover the situation. Hardly a great selfless act.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Mist
    Gah. No no no, he wasn't motivated by that at all, he was motivated firstly by a desire to improve his own lot, then after he realised that it wasn't working he was just stuck trying to recover the situation. Hardly a great selfless act.


    i know.. it started out for himself...
    but throughout the movie it gets to be less and less for himself...

    but you're right.. i didn't even remember that.. until you mentioned it..
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Mist
    Gah. No no no, he wasn't motivated by that at all, he was motivated firstly by a desire to improve his own lot, then after he realised that it wasn't working he was just stuck trying to recover the situation. Hardly a great selfless act.
    It started for himself? He first changed things when Kayleigh died, and he was more than glad to remain armless and in a wheelchair before he found out his mum was dying. The only time he changed something for himself (and even then, not entirely) was to get out of prison.
Sign In or Register to comment.