Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

a skin issue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So you know what happens to you when you get like rug burn? Well I've got that going on, except its from like facial hair (not mine, don't worry, I havn't been hiding my true gender from you) So how do I go about getting rid of this asap?

Comments

• Options
    Moisteriser probably sort it out buddy.
  • Options
    nappy rash cream works a treat ;)

we have stuff called sudocrem here, which is magic in a pot. but i reckon any nappy rash stuff would work.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

we have stuff called sudocrem here, which is magic in a pot. but i reckon any nappy rash stuff would work.

Love it!

I burned myself on the iron the other day and couldnt find anything to put on it so i put a bit of that on there and it soothed the burned and took away some of the redness.

I have also put it on insect bites too.

My mate used to swear by it when she was younger, she used to plaster her face with it when she went to bed to treat any spots or blemishes she had!
  • Options
    sudocrem rocks!
  • Options
    nappy?! that makes me sound unwashed and diseased :p Would aloe work do you think? Cuz I have aloe... and I've never heard of sudocream.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    nappy?! that makes me sound unwashed and diseased :p

ah, you crazy foreigners have a different name for nappies ;)

the stuff you put on babies' arses to stop them getting a rash when they pee themselves.

it's basically just a really gentle but effective moisturiser, but it also has zinc in, which is fantastic for your skin.
  • Options
    oh, well that makes alot of difference then. nappy cream it is ;)
  • Options
    sorry to thread hog, but can i just ask, does anybody know an alternative to sudocrem! i use it alot of the time, but would like to try something similar but different, if that makes sense.
    Cheers
    SBG
  • Options
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    sorry to thread hog, but can i just ask, does anybody know an alternative to sudocrem! i use it alot of the time, but would like to try something similar but different, if that makes sense.
    Cheers
    SBG

But, to quote the Head and Shoulders advert: If you're doing something right, keep doing it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    But, to quote the Head and Shoulders advert: If you're doing something right, keep doing it.

yeah, that makes sense, but ive also heard that if you use the same thing continuosly your body can build up a natural imunity to it. is this more medicine, or can it happen with moisturiser??
    SBG
  • Options
    I think aloe would be ideal.

Nappy rash cream = diaper rash cream.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    it also has zinc in, which is fantastic for your skin.

It also has lavender oil in it which is fantastic for....well, just about everything actually! But especially skin problems.