Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

red swollen skin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all
ok,here's my prob. aswell has having bad eczema + dry skin on my face, ive now got a bad cold. its nearly gone, but ive had it for about a week and its meant ive had a runny nose for about a fortnight. so, bcos of all the blowing, under my nose is now all red and swollen (imagine like a little tash, but red - sorry but that's really the only way i can describe it). i often get colds, a few in a row sometimes, at this time of year (got probs with my nose, immune system+allergies :( )
i use gentle+soft tissues+moisturise lots, but cant find anything that gets rid of the redness. the dryness,i can deal with. but this is really noticable, so any hints would be brill
Thanx in advance
SBG

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    usually i put really thick moisturiser on and then concealer over the top
    have you tried using a really thick moisturiser like nivea or astrul and putting loads on before you go to bed so that its still really white. that tends to work for me
    mel-h - i do this every night. ive got a very potent moisturiser from the doctors called "doublebase" but it isnt very affective. whenever im at home, or at night, i smother my face in sudocrem, which helps to reduce inflammation abit.
    ive tried every moisturiser u could probably name+still nothing. i cant wear concealer as the dry skin stands out, especially as the moisturiser soaks in after a while.
    its just so frustrating the my face+neck are almost constantly red, sore+inflammed :mad:
    SBG