Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

My mouse

Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
Has died.

1 second im playing Age Of Empires 2, next my mouse isnt working and it hasnt since, Ive had to pay 8 quid for a shitty one and im miffed cos my propper mouse cost me 35 quid.

The mouse says that it wont work with anything other than XP and 2k Profesional. For about 6 months ive been using it with ME and it has worked fine, all of a sudden its decided to die.

:( help?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is it wireless or infa-red?

Wireless mice can be pretty unreliable with other electricle equipment around and inra-red has a terrible habit of getting dust on the lens and shutting itself off.

Whats the make/model of the mouse?
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Is it wireless or infa-red?

Wireless mice can be pretty unreliable with other electricle equipment around and inra-red has a terrible habit of getting dust on the lens and shutting itself off.

Whats the make/model of the mouse?

Microsoft Explorer Intellipoint Wireless Optical Wheel Mouse.

its not supposed to work with ME, but it did for quite some time.
  • Options
    Not sure where this 2000/XP bollox came from. Being an MS mouse, they're obviously scaremongering. I've been using a cordless Logitech since 1999, originally with W95, then to W98.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Maybe ya batteries died

Aye, I would go with this.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dr Pirate
    Microsoft Explorer Intellipoint Wireless Optical Wheel Mouse.

its not supposed to work with ME, but it did for quite some time.

I had one of those. Exact same problem. Used it for a couple of months and then it just died. No amount of driver re-loading, battery changing or banging against the desk worked. Went back to my old Cable and ball mouse. (better for playing games anyway).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Aye, I would go with this.

nope, still very much alive
    I had one of those. Exact same problem. Used it for a couple of months and then it just died. No amount of driver re-loading, battery changing or banging against the desk worked. Went back to my old Cable and ball mouse. (better for playing games anyway).

grrrr!!!