Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Does Anyone Have any Style?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Seriously. I always ask for opinions on here but never get any. Anyway, I've got a party on Saturday and need something to wear. I've got loads of ideas, but wondered what other people thought. I'll be wearing these bootcutted casual dark dark brown trousers with some cool trainers, and don't know what to wear on top. Any ideas?

Failing that, are there any fashion forums anyone knows of?

Comments

• Options
    Longsleeved white t-shirt with a short-sleeved green t-shirt on top (preferably with a motif on)?

Though I really am fond of the style where guy wear jeans/black trousers, white shirts and black blazer on top.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Longsleeved white t-shirt with a short-sleeved green t-shirt on top (preferably with a motif on)?

:yuck:

Longsleeved white T's under things look gay. That top combination won't go too well with brown trousers either.

Anyway, what choice of tops do you have? No point recommending shit if you don't have them ;[
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    :yuck:

Longsleeved white T's under things look gay. That top combination won't go too well with brown trousers either.

Anyway, what choice of tops do you have? No point recommending shit if you don't have them ;[

No. Olives and brown go pretty well together.

Either way, I like the layered look. Maybe it'd also look cool with a plain white short-sleeved t-shirt underneath, but which is just a couple of cm's longer than the upper t-shirt?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    No. Olives and brown go pretty well together.

You didn't say olive, you said green :razz:

Anyway, olive and brown is so... old, plain and boring looking. When was the last time you seen a trendy olive t-shirt anyway?
    Either way, I like the layered look.

Me too, but long sleeve t-shirts look gay under short sleeve ones. It always reminds me of those plain guys you see with their plain dark blue jeans and their plain short sleeve navy t-shirts over their plain long sleeve white t-shirts. It's all very plain.

Besides, I think me and Capacity have done the short white sleeve tshrit thing to death over the past year :razz:
  • Options

Besides, I think me and Capacity have done the short white sleeve tshrit thing to death over the past year :razz:

Indeed lol. I believe it has been just about exhausted.

Pretty much anything you can think of I'd hope. What I really meant was, I've got a party on Saturday and I'm going shopping in the week. Forgot to mention that bit. I think the Internet is shit for fashion ideas, unless I just haven't been looking hard enough.

Jacq, the idea is not what I'm looking for, for the party. Thanks though.
  • Options
    Isn't there a lot of questions which should be asked here?

What colour are the trainers you're going to be wearing? Do you want to go for a smarter top half e.g shirt, casual shirt or do you want a more casual look e.g t-shirt, jumper look?

It's hard knowing what to suggest for anyone on here since a) don't know what you look like features/body wise and b) don't know what the outfit looks like so far.

*shrugs* but then i suppose i'm not a fashion guru (far from it). :D
  • Options
    Body features omg nub. ;<

Well, I'm of amazing build and equally amazing height, and I look like a cross between Jude Law, Orlando Bloom, Ym, Brad Pitt and some other sexy person. Yeh. HTH.

Trainers will be bright. That's all I can say at the minute. Don't even know which trainers to get. And yes, I'm going for casual, but not casual-casual or casual-ned or casual-poor-person. And I want an alternative to the suit jacket/blazer thing.

I need pictures. And profile things. Aren't there ANY decent websites for fashion on the Interweb with hawt men standing in a dress style?
  • Options
    I think you should forget it and stay in.
    Failing that, just wear something you like, rather than trying to look like a catalogue model.
  • Options
    In all hoensty I wouldn't wear the brown trousers. They're a bit too try-hard indie. Seems like, every indie kid is wearing them ATM. Think of Slipknot hoodies with moshers ;<
  • Options
    And no, no decent websites. Alot of fashion is regional, and even then it depends (for most people, sadly) on what kinda music you listen to. Websites seem to think fashion ends with proper designers (Versace, D&G, Armani etc.) and anything else isn't trendy or stylish.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I think you should forget it and stay in.
    Failing that, just wear something you like, rather than trying to look like a catalogue model.

Stay in? I said it's a party. Interesting that you think only catalogue models dress in a particular way, as if to imply that anyone who dressed like a 'catalogue model' is trying to hard. Nice one, there.

The brown trousers idea is something that isn't me. I don't generally wear them. Actually, I can't think of the last time I did wear them. What would you suggest?

And yes, the Internet is shit.
  • Options
    whats a party for? for letting your hair down,relaxing, talking, getting to know people? or is it for posing and worrying that you dont look quite right?
    Id go with the former, wear something you know looks fine without having to spend a whole day looking for others to tell you what to wear.
  • Options
    whats a party for? for letting your hair down,relaxing, talking, getting to know people? or is it for posing and worrying that you dont look quite right?

I dunno what kinda parties you went to at our age but they usually consist of alot of booze, alot of drugs, talking to and trying to pull hawt chickitas you've never met before then spending the rest of the night trying to convicne them to touch it in the cupboard under the stairs.

They're not gonna touch it if you look bad, now are they?
  • Options
    I dont know how old you are, nor do I go to parties like that. If you look grim theyre never gonna touch it even if your clothes are unusual, expensive, and colour co-ordinate.
  • Options
  • Options
    Rule numero uno of talking to Kiezo.

IF KIEZO IS JOKING WHEN HE POSTS, DO NOT POST A SERIOUS REPLY.
  • Options
    Rule numero uno of talking to Kiezo.

IF KIEZO IS JOKING WHEN HE POSTS, DO NOT POST A SERIOUS REPLY.

:lol:

Anyway....Whats wrong with just a cool pair of trainers, some nice like diesel jeans or something like that (nice fit round the arse mind) and a funcky t?

Best just to have a wander round the shops and see what looks good together and what you feel comfy in.
  • Options
    how can you tell when someone is joking on the internet????????????????????????????????????
    I CANT SEE YOU LAUGHING FROM HERE
  • Options
    how can you tell when someone is joking on the internet????????????????????????????????????
    I CANT SEE YOU LAUGHING FROM HERE

I thought it was a giveaway when I said the part about spending the rest of the night trying to get her to touch it :razz:

Most of the stuff I say on here is in jest. You don't actually think I'm this arrogant and conceited do you?

Don't answer that.
  • Options
    I thought it was a giveaway when I said the part about spending the rest of the night trying to get her to touch it :razz:

Most of the stuff I say on here is in jest. You don't actually think I'm this arrogant and conceited do you?

Don't answer that.
    but you MIGHT. I dont know you.
    I guess I dont think youre as arrogant and conceited as you appear - Noone could be :cool: :p
    Now shut up and start being nice Keizo again
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    If you read 99% of the sex forum, you'll see why I believed you...

That's why I never go in there. I know they're not kidding.
  • Options
    it is rather scary in there.
  • Options
    Id go with the former, wear something you know looks fine without having to spend a whole day looking for others to tell you what to wear.

I believe it has already been covered what a party is for. If by 'letting your hair down' you mean 'getting completely wasted on a wide range of substances washed down with a wide range of different alcohol sorts, with maybe some food, loud music (not trance) and loads of pretty-dancing-girls while ending up back at a house with a curry at half 6 after having sexually experimented with at least 3 people of the opposite gender', then you're on the right lines.

I don't worry that I don't look 'quite right'. I'm sure I wouldn't look 'quite right' in your book unless I was wearing a pair of Le-Coq-Sportif blue/yellow joggers with a pair of black leather Ellese boots, but the majority of people in this world aged 18 do care how they look to an extent. And if they don't, they're in no place to criticise those of us who like sex. I mean.. - those of us who like to look good. ;s

Also, I don't pose. Nor am I going to sprint up Brum and buy whatever people who I've never met tell me to buy. Instead, I'll do what I said I was going to do and appreciate their ideas and opinions. Your opinion that people can look 'fine' in Levi's 501's and a plain tank-top has been noted, but somewhat disregarded.

Besides, the clothes don't make me. I make the clothes. ;p

(that was a joke, CLAM DONW CALM DWN!!:l1#/)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity

I'm sure I wouldn't look 'quite right' in your book unless I was wearing a pair of Le-Coq-Sportif blue/yellow joggers with a pair of black leather Ellese boots,

yeah right, thats EXACTLY what i think would look GREAT. :lol:

Nor did I mention tank tops or any particular brand of jeans.

What sort of thing do you think the girls you know would go for then???
    Youve got - jeans or trousers - different fabrics - whats your favourite colour and fabric.

Tops: shirts or tshirts. Long sleeve or short. Patterned, motif, or plain?

What sort of look are you after, trendy, rocky, surfy, techno cyber punk woo woo, queer eye straight guy???

I think you dont have particularly many choices being a man, it all boils down to variations on a theme.
    I dont know what youre like, what your friends are like. You havent given much away.
  • Options
    yeah right, thats EXACTLY what i think would look GREAT. :lol:

Nor did I mention tank tops or any particular brand of jeans.

What sort of thing do you think the girls you know would go for then???
    Youve got - jeans or trousers - different fabrics - whats your favourite colour and fabric.

Tops: shirts or tshirts. Long sleeve or short. Patterned, motif, or plain?

What sort of look are you after, trendy, rocky, surfy, techno cyber punk woo woo, queer eye straight guy???

I think you dont have particularly many choices being a man, it all boils down to variations on a theme.
    I dont know what youre like, what your friends are like. You havent given much away.

To answer your questions:

Any type of top, whether patterned, motifed, long sleeved, short sleeved, yellow with purple spots..

Not after a look in particular, what the hell is the 'techno cyber punk woo woo' look? Same for 'queer eye..'.

What I'm like? A male Mary Poppins.
    What my friends are like? Dunno.

I only wanted ideas/suggestions damn you. ;<
  • Options
    You got anywhere near you that sells Henley, Religion, or Old Glory?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    what the hell is the 'techno cyber punk woo woo' look? Same for 'queer eye..'.

What I'm like? A male Mary Poppins.
    What my friends are like? Dunno.

I only wanted ideas/suggestions damn you. ;<
    OMG, I cant believe you dont know what a techno cyber punk woo woo looks like.

Im impressed that youre a male Mary Poppins. Ive actually got Mary Poppins on at the moment, scary!!
    I definitely suggest a carpet bag and an umbrella. Possibly even a cockney sparrow sidekick named Bert to complete the look.
  • Options
    I think this top
  • Options
    Possibly even a cockney sparrow sidekick named Bert to complete the look.

I can be Bert :hyper:

Not a bad looking t-shrit either, but they were pretty much done to death about 3 - 4 years ago.