Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

007 James Bond

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So who do you reckon should play James Bond now that Pierce Brosnan has been droppped?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You know, I'm not sure we have sufficiently clean cut actors left. Though a chisel and colin farrel might do it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    You know, I'm not sure we have sufficiently clean cut actors left. Though a chisel and colin farrel might do it.

Personally I prefer an unknown for the lead.. like Sean Connery was when he first did the role!!

I think the role is bigger then most atcors, rather then the other way around, but that was also inthe days when it wasn't like watching one long commerical for tag watches, BMW cars, Avis Car rentals, etc

The 007 Brand has lost it's magic of the old days I think.

The funny thing is the role comes down to ators with dark hair!!! Can't think of a single blonde for the role!!

Oh I reckon that New Zealand chef guy from Ready, Steady Cook, looks like a perfect Bond!!
  • Options
    just out of curiosity, why has pierce brosnan been cut?
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0
    just out of curiosity, why has pierce brosnan been cut?

Age probably, or that he's tired of doing it. Not because he's rubbish though i don't think.
  • Options
    Re: 007 James Bond
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    So who do you reckon should play James Bond now that Pierce Brosnan has been droppped?

mo mowlem
  • Options
    Jude Law. People were saying this before, and I was like, "shut the fuck up, you fucking tool", but after seeing Alfie, he has proved himself as swarve, sophisticated and irresistable to women. He just oozes coolness.
  • Options
    Re: 007 James Bond

Roger Moore - Seriously. ;<
  • Options
    Never Ever liked any of the James Bond films :no:

Though Jude Law is yummy and would be disappointed if he did a James Bond Movie.
  • Options
    The next Bond will be Julian Clary. Mark my words.

Machismo and sexism are soooo out... be prepared for 21st Century James Bond... mascara and all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Jude Law.

yes. and if anyone seriously recommends robbie "poor me" williams i will come around to where you live and cut you.

*edit, thinking about it properly i'd also say ewan mcgregor... top actor.
  • Options
    Oooo Robbie Williams.... now there's an idea :yum:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Oooo Robbie Williams.... now there's an idea :yum:

Strangely enough I think he has the cheekiness of a young Sean Connery to play the roe and the dark hair, .. all those tatoos might be a problem though!!
  • Options
    Strangely enough I think he has the cheekiness of a young Sean Connery to play the roe and the dark hair, .. all those tatoos might be a problem though!!

again with the 'cheeky'!

ffs!

what's your address man? i have an, er... i got a present for you. it's shiny.
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    again with the 'cheeky'!

ffs!

what's your address man? i have an, er... i got a present for you. it's shiny.

Might have something to do with twice being followed by the cheeky girls!! First time at PC World and 2nd time at Valentines Eve in London
  • Options
    i still think dale winton should be the next bond.
  • Options
    mobleymobley Posts: 43 Boards Initiate
    Surely James Bond has had its day now. They need a very radical overhaul if they are going to keep peoples interest for much longer. The actor Damian Lewis would make a good Bond and the storylines should become darker and less gadget-driven.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mobley
    Surely James Bond has had its day now. They need a very radical overhaul if they are going to keep peoples interest for much longer. The actor Damian Lewis would make a good Bond and the storylines should become darker and less gadget-driven.

That's what I think they'll be doing with the next Batman movie prequel by using Christian Bale they've got someone with the right mix of Dark and Light.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    yes. and if anyone seriously recommends robbie "poor me" williams i will come around to where you live and cut you.

If Robbie Williams contracted HIV, it would amuse me. What an idiot. I'd rather see Orlando Bloom take on the role.

It occurs to me that there are few people in acting today with that certain element of the suave debonair that is required for Bond. They're all either complete common as muck thugs, or a bunch of stupid-haired pussies. It'll be a toughie.