Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

bit itchy and discharge.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello, a couple a days ago i became a bit itchy down there (I am a girl by the way). I thought it could be a bt of thrush as I had tht when I was younger, but when I checked it out there were white bits.....these white bits have now gone as they coud have been toilet paper.... I dont know..but then today I have white kind of sticky discharge that is orignating from just above the lips.......It is not as itchy as before...I am quite confused as to what it is ...I am on my 14th day of my cycle...I am not in a fully sexual relationship but there is fingering etc.
Should I leave it for a ocuple of days just to see if it clears up or ask me mum :-)

thank you for your help...

-moogs

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    for some reason I sounded really young and ignorant in that email...But I'm not ..just concerned ..I am 18 years old.
    Go to the doctor, i had to go yesterday becasue i had a few worryes about 'thing down there' Too, its not that hard to talk to them, and you must have been before right

best to play it safe and see the doctor as fast as you can

hope it all works out for you

P.S, i bottle out of showing my doctor "IT" and now wish i had!! don't make my mistake
    If you are not sexually active then it could be thrush (candida) but there are a number of other things it could be too.

This article might be useful: http://www.thesite.org/info/sex/sexual_health/vaginal_health.html
    Thank you.....As in concren to being sexually active - I had sexual intercourse a couple of months ago but the condom spit so I took the morning after pill, since then we've had oral sex (me recieving) and fingering.........This has only just appaeared and now actully feels almost fine..it has got better and much less itchy every day..........Howev rI ahev just been reading up on all the sexually transmitted disease and I did experience pain aorund my lower back after he had "finger fucked" (sorry, about such a phrase) me hard...and we kept doing it so after that like a day after my back hurt and other muscles but that quicly cleared up....Can u get clamidia not through intercourse???

*Why, didnt htey teach us all thsi at school? :-) *

Oh and recently did begin to use soap much more intensley aroudn there because i wanted to be clean for me bloke..I'm thinking nwo tat could have caused an aggravation.......what do u think?

OHHH and one more hting me and my partner have never been with anyoen else sexually. And weve been togetehr for 7months

thanks for your help.

-moogs

[ 30-04-2002: Message edited by: Moogle ]

[ 30-04-2002: Message edited by: Moogle ]
    that sounds like what i've got.i put it down to thrush because when i look at the causes it sounds like a few of them could be the reason. mine also started after i took the morning after pill. i got some canestan cream and things seem to be getting better, but the woman behind the counter said she could only sell me one type of it because i hadn't been to the doctor.
    you could try some of it and see if it makes any difference for you, it only cost me about £4.99 or something.
    if your worried it could be something else or would prefer your doctor to prescribe you something then go see him/her. or try a GUM clinic.
    don't know if this email helped, or even made sense, but hope it did