Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Twitching

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I took pills for the first time in ages. When I was fucked my eye kept twitching a bit through the night.

Now over a month later it still does it occasionally??

Anyone else had this?

Is it because of the pills of just coincidence?

:nervous:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would guess its probably to do with the pills. Do you know/ have an idea what was in them?

The twitching and such people describe sometimes sounds a little like parkinsons. Now that sounds deeply alarmist, but parkinsons is a lack of dopamine and its not unconceviable to suggest that those twitches that MDMA and amphetamine users get are because of this same cause.
    I wouldnt have a clue what was in them BB, I didnt even look at them properly.

Worrying none then less.
    Chances are your'll be fine.
    itll stop with time
    I took pills again this weekend and it stopped!

Weird, its been over a month and as soon as I drop again it goes

:D
    ecstacy make you loose control of certain muscles, especially in the facial region, especially the jaw... twiched is not uncommon dont worry about it. also, weed makes me twitch sometimes, this is because week attacks the central nervous system... nothing to worry about lad...
    Erm, no, cannabis does not "attack" the central nervous system at all.
    Originally posted by jlateo
    ecstacy make you loose control of certain muscles, especially in the facial region, especially the jaw... twiched is not uncommon dont worry about it. also, weed makes me twitch sometimes, this is because week attacks the central nervous system... nothing to worry about lad...

can u tell us how u came to the conclusion that weed attaks the central nervous system?
    as far as im aware it doesnt affect this:confused:
    however this is where in my opinion people need education on man made substances.. stick to what you know you are taking this is my personal opinion but unles we start carrying a mini-lab around with us, its pot luck as to what the pills contain....
    You can test pills but the products arent 100%. They can give you a good idea though.

And any prescription pills bought on the black market can be identified easily by their markings.
    i only stick with weed so a little niaeve around pills but how do u test them.
    i know about perscription meds as i rattle with every movement i make...
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Erm, no, cannabis does not "attack" the central nervous system at all.
    Originally posted by 01j01
    can u tell us how u came to the conclusion that weed attaks the central nervous system?
    as far as im aware it doesnt affect this:confused:
    however this is where in my opinion people need education on man made substances.. stick to what you know you are taking this is my personal opinion but unles we start carrying a mini-lab around with us, its pot luck as to what the pills contain....

maybe attack wasnt the correct word, but it certainaly affects it after smoking... y do u think u have lack of co ordination and stuff ?

take a look

http://www.drbongs.com/articles/effects_of_marijuana.htm
    http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/mari.html
    http://www.doitnow.org/pages/126.html
    There is a liquid testing kit which can be bought. A small amount of the pill is scraped off on to a white plate or similar.

Then you drip one drip of the stuff on and it changes colour depending on the contents of the pill. This really only gives you an idea because the dominant constiuant of the pill over rides anything else.

So, there maybe MDA and 2CB, but the colour wouldnt show the latter. Or there could be a nastier contaminant, this is rare however.

There is also whats refered to as Chromo plates, these are more time consuming and costly and somewhat difficult to operate. But tell you all the chemicals in the pill. These are pretty bloody acurate but still not 100%.

You can also sometimes get lab test reports which give specific milligram content, but those are very hard to get.
    maybe attack wasnt the correct word, but it certainaly affects it after smoking... y do u think u have lack of co ordination and stuff ?

take a look

http://www.drbongs.com/articles/effects_of_marijuana.htm
    http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/mari.html
    http://www.doitnow.org/pages/126.html
    would this not depend on how used and how much. personally i have trouble sleeping and hate taking sleeping tablets, therefore i make a couple of ciggys in the evening 1 to enjoy after tea one for bed the bedtime smoke is half smoked b4 bed and during night i have the other half if i wake up.
    i only smoke during the day if 1 the pain i am in is too intense and ive had my pain meds, 2 i dont have to go out as i wont drive after a ciggy..
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    There is a liquid testing kit which can be bought. A small amount of the pill is scraped off on to a white plate or similar.

wow i had no idea about these, this is the main reason i dant take pills no more as i had couple of bad experiences with them, so i stook to what i know best a nice puff and a good stoners film...:p
    They used to test pills in The Drome, a club in London, you could give over a scrapping of your pill and they would run a chromo test on them in half and hour and tell you what was in the pill. A useful service, which only cost £2 a time.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by 01j01
    would this not depend on how used and how much.

Yes it would, and the same people smoking the same stuff won't necessarily have the same effects. There is more information here on Erowid, including the following -
    Effects may vary dramatically from one person to another based on a variety of factors such as body chemistry, age, gender, physical health etc

Well, yes, most people will find it harder to co-ordinate when intoxicated, but this rarely continues after the effects have worn off.