Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

san andreas leaked

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well san andreas has managed to get pocketed at a pressing plant and uploaded onto various warez sites, only a week or so after halo 2 leaked onto the net.

I dont think it poses any real threat to sales, since most people don't have chipped consoles and probably aren't familiar with downloading console cames and putting them onto dvd.

Comments

• Options
    And as I've already said some games NEED to be bought. This being one.

Although I may sneak a copy to do me till next Friday. :D
  • Options
  • Options
    what's the average price of a game these days?

Aren't they pretty pricey?

I mean a decent movie might cost $20 to $100 Million to make and the DVD sells for like £15 and Video for £10 .. I'm assuming games cost a lot to develop but no where near as much as a movie but sell for a lot more?
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

I mean a decent movie might cost $20 to $100 Million to make and the DVD sells for like £15 and Video for £10 .. I'm assuming games cost a lot to develop but no where near as much as a movie but sell for a lot more?

Believe it or not some games cost more than movies to produce..
  • Options
    GTALeaked.jpg
  • Options
    I'm constantly putting games on DVD for my mates chipped consoles, you'd be suprised how many people are into it - on the sly ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast
    I'm constantly putting games on DVD for my mates chipped consoles, you'd be suprised how many people are into it - on the sly ;)

mostly the casual gamer is into chipping... and they always seem to have a ps2.

and they never manage to play any decent games either.

the gaming equivalent of chavs.
  • Options

Take into account how much movies make at the box office though...
  • Options
    Geezer, an old Dreamcast game called Shenmue was rumoured to have development costs of roughly £50million...

they're not cheap to make at any rate.

that and the developer doesn't get all the profits off it, the publisher takes most of the cash.
  • Options

Less pricey than 10 years ago. Your average Megadrive game in 1992 was £35 or £40. Your average PC game now is the same. Therefore that is less in relation.
  • Options
    The. Dogs. Bollocks.

Roll on Friday when I get my hands on a legit copy. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    The. Dogs. Bollocks.

Roll on Friday when I get my hands on a legit copy. :D

Indeed. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm quite excited. Looking forward to meeting James Wood's and Samuel L Jackson's characters.
  • Options
    Nowt to be embarressed about. I have played around 10 hours of it over the weekend and had to give the PS2 to the in-laws so that I'll get on with my house renovations or it'll never get done.

If I work my arse off this week I should get my kitchen installed, floor tiled, new flooring in the family room and my bathroom refitted. Then I can go buy me a copy on Friday and spend this weekend living it up in San Andreas.