Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Office Kitchens/Staff rooms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so whats yours like? all mine where i have worked have been shit, one was tiny, no room to swing a cat, the second had tatty old sofas and overspilling ashtrays, this one is better but i seem to be the only one who does the washing up :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Ours is fine, we've got a wee room with a microwave and a big table for food, and a smokers/staff room

I've got a 2 hour break between shifts, and the chairs are comfy enough to stretch out and sleep.

Working for a big company has it's benefits :thumb:
  • Options
    My staff room is a clock room :-/ ...filled with peoples' coats funnily enough, a few chairs and junk.

I use to love the staff room in this nursery I use to work in. Was like our own trendy, huge chill out room with our own microwave, fridge and radio. A few sofas for us to crash on then a couple tables for people to eat at. No smokers allowed; so didn't have any yucky stale smell left in it :-/
    Suppose you would need a room like that to keep you sane when working there. Especially with having kids screaming in your ear 8 hours a day.
  • Options
    shit.

there are two fridges between about 30 of us, but the bigger one smells all wrong, and the smaller one is about 5 cm squared.

there's a microwave, but it inexplicably smells of curry and has pube-looking hairs in.

and someone steals things from the fridge and uses the tea towel to wipe the floor. nice.
  • Options
    We don't have a staff room or office kitchen. There is the office. But it's just a mess.

We all just tend to play in the whole building. :D
  • Options
  • Options
    ive had shite staff rooms where ive worked one was non existant in a resturant we had to jsut go sit out the back,
    other was worse when i worked on a fishfarm so it was basically a shed in the middle of a loch,
    and the other was when i worked in a fish market and that was basically a space on the concrete for a cup of tea at break time

all in all pretty shite
  • Options
    we have a lovely kitchen in our office, complete with cooker, fridge, microwave, toaster, dishwasher.....

but that could be cos our office used to be a house :lol:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Our is pretty good. Fridges, dishwasher, microwave, vending machines a couple of PC's some cool chairs and a pool table. Only shame is its an open plan office so you feel like your still in the office on break.
  • Options
    We don't have one. :p

Well there's the manager's office and the cloak room, but I work in a big bar so... -shrug-
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Our is pretty good. Fridges, dishwasher, microwave, vending machines a couple of PC's some cool chairs and a pool table. Only shame is its an open plan office so you feel like your still in the office on break.

I suppose you could ask for a couple of wall deviders
  • Options
    Our staff canteen is all nice and everything, with 3 vending machines, and the stuff inside is at a reduced price 2 microwaves and a kettle, and there is an independant catering company in there and they sell hot food untill 7 O'clock, there is a TV and newspapers, and because tesco are oh so kind you get a free cup of tea or coffee :p
    There is also a room on the side with comfy chairs for the smokers,I don't see why they get the privalige of the comfy chairs but still :p Walking in to that room you get completely smoke boxed.
    And another room on the side with a gambling machine, a pool table a football game and some other randomised arcade style game in it.
  • Options
    ours is shit compared to most tesco'ses, no pool table or smokers room (so we have to stand in the cold outside), there only 2 tables and not enough chairs because they all break!

Cant complain tho, still got 2 vending machines with reduced stuff in, free tea, coffee and toast, a TV and 3 papers every day. Best of all our security guard brought in his old megadrive so we playing columns and sonic on it all the time.

its small but theres a really nice atomosphere there dinner times, and every1 knows each other in the store so its better.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    I suppose you could ask for a couple of wall deviders

Not possible because of the way the office is set out.