Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Merry Xmas, you're fired.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The title sums it up really. I've been made redundant today. :( The bastards! :mad:

I don't go into work on Mondays unless it's overtime, but they called everybody in today, ensuring we all knew it was important, and that someone would be coming from Human Resources at Head Office.
The way the company's being run, our lousy contracts, the lousy returns policy in the shop, the money grabbing attitude to customers via the returns policy, let alone the way it treats the staff, the wages/salary, screwing us out of money at every opportunity, the lack of help and investment in the department, or the computer systems, or any aspect of the department, has given rise to suspicions for a while. So it was no surprise when it happened today.
We officially close on the 26th December, and that's that. The bastards!

Comments

• Options
    Very sorry to hear Mr_wobble.

I know how you feel. I was made redundant at the end of July this year. Im still looking for new work :( .... It really sucks, i hate the company i worked for, for shutting our store down, but it wasnt only us it was over 106 in the uk. I worked for Dixons, the bastards...

Which company/store you work for ??
  • Options
    Poor dude, hope you can get something-feel really sorry for you!
  • Options
    Not good :(

Dont start panicking though (easier said than done i know), but something will come up. Take a couple of weeks out when you finish then just send a C.V of to places in your area......even if they are not advertising for staff just send a CV in.

when my hubby was unemployed back in March I started really worrying about wether he would get a job, started wondering how we would pay the bills and all that. But we sent CV's of to few places and the job he has now were not even advertising for staff at that time. He had a couple of interviews with other places and this company called him out of the blue..........he got a job with them and hasnt looked back since. In that same couple of weeks he had 3 jobs offered to him. So if you go out there looking you should be able to find something. The job he has now isnt brilliant pay but its a job and thats all that matters. We can survive on his wage and thats ok for me.

hope you find something :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh
    Which company/store you work for ??
    It's...... Oh, I'm not going to fall for that one! I'll tell you all about it, and which compnay, either when the 27th of December rolls around, or I get another job.
    If I told you lot, you'd all be calling up to take the piss! :lol:

Yeah, I remember you telling us about being made redundant. :( But did they have the managers effectively lie to you about what's happening, and deny any rumors for months on end, yet it was so obvious that something was happening. :(
    Oh, and then the bastard directors send someone from Human Resources to read a "script" to tell us about it. Cowards! The lot of them. They'll be having a great fucking Christmas on the bonuses they're undoubtedly going to be giving themselves as a congratulatory pat on the back for saving the company money by shutting us down. I hope they choke on their turkey. :mad:

We all thought it was 50/50 between the department being shut down (which it has been), :( or moving up to the head office in Glasgow (that'd worry a few of you who live up there!). :D
  • Options
    hard luck mr W ...hope you find something.
  • Options
    is it whsmith?
  • Options
    We, the sales staff sensed something was up, but no one higher up said a word.

and btw we got told via a video and letter :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    is it whsmith?
    This isn't the game of 20 questions, so bog off! :D I'm not telling you lot until I'm gone. Then I'll either start another thread, or dig up this thread again, and let you know (assuming you're still curious enough). :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    This isn't the game of 20 questions, so bog off! :D I'm not telling you lot until I'm gone. Then I'll either start another thread, or dig up this thread again, and let you know (assuming you're still curious enough). :)
    we'll take that as a yes then.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    we'll take that as a yes then.

Actually rolly, it was a bog off.

Good luck wobble man!
  • Options
    I worked for Whsmiths once. couple of years back, christmas temp job. Eventually ha da disagreement with the manager, he was later made to write and apology to me and mu mum :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    only cos ur mum shouted at him :p

She probably tried, but only coz he hung the phone up on her. Not very respectful to a customer by a manager :p