Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ideas for a mid-December break..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
..in a country where it's going to be warm/hot?

Would really like to go away for my birthday to somewhere nice to escape that dreary winter feel here but has anyone got any ideas where would be worth visiting at this time of year? We'd be a young couple so a good nightlife would be pretty much essential..

Ideally would like to visit somewhere in the Mediterranean or the Canary Islands or at a stretch the Caribbean (hence the thread on the Dominican Republic, but that maybe a bit too expensive). Think somewhere like Australia or New Zealand would be out of the question due to the cost and distance, so any ideas?

Ta.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Cape Town!! Its a little pricey to get there, but once your there its dirt cheap. They have excellent out door parties/raves all through their summer, it will be blisteringly hot....what more could you ask for?!
  • Options
    Think South Africa will be a little too costly for my liking (unfortunately).

Are the Canary Islands and surrounding areas warm around December time?
  • Options
    Try Morocco... Warm, out of season, relaxed attitude...

£0.02

:cool:
  • Options
    What about one of those islands close to Spain? They'r good and always full of sun, sea, women, drugs, good food.

Or z0ma why don't you just fuck away off to the dam' for a few days? I know it's not warm but it's Amsterdam we'r talking here.:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    What about one of those islands close to Spain? They'r good and always full of sun, sea, women, drugs, good food.

Or z0ma why don't you just fuck away off to the dam' for a few days? I know it's not warm but it's Amsterdam we'r talking here.:p

you mean the balearics, wouldn't be much fun there during the winter, i don't know, i think the canary's are pretty warm during winter, around 20-25 C i'd reckon
  • Options
    We're looking at the Canary Islands, in particular Tenerife so around there looks the most likely.

Shogun: I was thinking about going to Amsterdam but for once, I really want to spend my birthday somewhere hot and tropical and while Amsterdam would be loads of fun I think I'm gonna leave that for in the Summer or when there's a big event like Masters of Hardcore on. :thumb:
  • Options
    I wouldnt bother with the Dam, London has all that the Dam can offer and more, we're got a much better clubing scene thats for sure.

There are a fist full of good art galleries in the Dam though.
  • Options
    I know what you mean z0ma, i'm hopefully going to get over sometime next summer.

Bong, i've never visited Amsterdam, i'm a big smoker and i would want to just experience the whole coffee shop with smoking the best types of weed and hash instead of always smoking soapbar and the odd bag of weed every once in a while.

Can't fucking wait to go sometime, just to be sitting down having a cup of coffee smoking some afghani hash or blueberry chronic, some good strong shit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I wouldnt bother with the Dam, London has all that the Dam can offer and more, we're got a much better clubing scene thats for sure.

There are a fist full of good art galleries in the Dam though.

Totally agreed, the Dam is seriously over-rated and was a huge disappointment for me. I'd go for Tenerife, I've heard thats hot during the winter months or try Tunisia/Morocco, I've been to Tunisia and would definitely go back.
  • Options
    The Dam is alright, I know people who love it.

I guess its what your after really.

Getting stonned off your arse in a cafe is all very well, but it gets dull. Being stonned isnt really interesting in of itself.
  • Options
    what the heck is your budget?

We can suggest a million places but can you afford them?

And are you travelling onyour own cos you might have to pay almost or even more then double for travelling alone.
  • Options
    Re: Ideas for a mid-December break..
    Originally posted by z0ma
    ..in a country where it's going to be warm/hot?
    Brazil!!

But a bit pricey to get there dammit.