Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Antibotics kills the pill??? Please help!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello there,
I was recently on a 7 day course of antibotics. I know this affects the pill so carried on taking my pill but was celibate. At the end of the 'biotics I had 1 'biotic free day (took me pill like usual) then had my period. After that I took 3 pills (free days) then had my first shag. Would I be safe? I had taken my pills! I'm just not sure how long after 'biotics you are supposed to wait b4 you are safe again.

Sorry if this is confusing? Please help.

xxxMexxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It is a bit confusing, but you should treat it in the same way as if you forget a pill. You should use other contraception for 7 days after you stop taking the antibiotics. AND if the time you are taking the antibiotics or the 7 days afterwards falls in your pill-free week then you should run two packets in together and not have a pill free week.
    Sounds like you are OK though really cos even though you didn't run the two packets together you waited more than a week after finishing the antibiotics to have a shag.

I wouldn't worry, but if you are, it wouldn't hurt to do a test anyway to put your mind at rest.