Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Tony Blair...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just saw a photo of him today, and thought this was an interesting comparison:

blair1.jpg57791A1DDE574182B0708FD12BCE93F5.jpg
«1

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I guess it is a stressful job so he is bound to age! It *has* been almost 10 years now...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tony was a twat seven years ago, and is still a twat today. Can't see any difference.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Tony was a twat seven years ago, and is still a twat today. Can't see any difference.

    He seemed like he would be a very nice man 7 years ago :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Tony was a twat seven years ago, and is still a twat today. Can't see any difference.

    Know him personally do you?

    I would hate to be leader of a country... when you think about it it is a pretty shit job. The pay isn't all that good - you'd get more being a soap star. The responsibility is immense - you can't please everyone all of the time, so have to settle for pleasing some of the people some of the time.

    You'd always be in the press, you'd always be being criticised for one thing or another, your family wouldn't have any privacy. Personally, I think he's mental for wanting to serve another term. In actual fact I think anyone who would want to put themselves in such a position is mental full stop.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Know him personally do you?

    I would hate to be leader of a country... when you think about it it is a pretty shit job. The pay isn't all that good - you'd get more being a soap star. The responsibility is immense - you can't please everyone all of the time, so have to settle for pleasing some of the people some of the time.

    You'd always be in the press, you'd always be being criticised for one thing or another, your family wouldn't have any privacy. Personally, I think he's mental for wanting to serve another term. In actual fact I think anyone who would want to put themselves in such a position is mental full stop.

    :yes: I totally agree with that, although he is a shit at his job imho
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    although he is a shit at his job imho

    I don't think he is though, I actually like him. I think that during his years in office he's come up against a lot of situations that aren't of his own making that he has had to deal with. I don't think a Tory govt. would have dealt with them any better. I'm not saying he's handled things perfectly but who would? There will always be people who both agree and disagree with what he has done in each and every situation he has been faced with. It would be the same for every PM.

    There aren't many PMs that people look back and say 'wow he was a fantastic PM.'
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He's not done bad for the country. He got mixed up in this whole iraq thing, but any other PM at the time would have done the same thing given our relationship with the US.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I don't think he is though, I actually like him. I think that during his years in office he's come up against a lot of situations that aren't of his own making that he has had to deal with. I don't think a Tory govt. would have dealt with them any better. I'm not saying he's handled things perfectly but who would? There will always be people who both agree and disagree with what he has done in each and every situation he has been faced with. It would be the same for every PM.

    There aren't many PMs that people look back and say 'wow he was a fantastic PM.'

    Mmmm.. well that is your personal opinion and i respect that but he doesn't want to please us.. he just wants to please bush, hense why his head is up bush's ass
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Mmmm.. well that is your personal opinion and i respect that but he doesn't want to please us.. he just wants to please bush, hense why his head is up bush's ass

    That is why I feel sorry for him. He has had a lot of good, successful domestic policies that people don't remember because all anyone can think about it Iraq, Iraq, Iraq. Like Mist said, he did what any other PM would have done given the situation.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    That is why I feel sorry for him. He has had a lot of good, successful domestic policies that people don't remember because all anyone can think about it Iraq, Iraq, Iraq. Like Mist said, he did what any other PM would have done given the situation.

    aye... I guess any other pm would go to war, although they deny they would now.. personly I am sick of him.. time for a change.. bring john major (thinks it spelt right) back :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    aye... I guess any other pm would go to war, although they deny they would now.. personly I am sick of him.. time for a change.. bring john major (thinks it spelt right) back :D

    :yeees:

    How about we don't. He was a useless PM. And a Tory. :mad:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    aye... I guess any other pm would go to war, although they deny they would now.. personly I am sick of him.. time for a change.. bring john major (thinks it spelt right) back :D

    What did John Major do that was so fantastic? I barely remember him to be honest, and I'm older than you are, so you must have been really interested in politics when you were about 7 years old to remember just how fantastic he was, lol!

    Still, I do think you're missing the point that he has implemented a fair few policies that you yourself might benefit from.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    What did John Major do that was so fantastic? I barely remember him to be honest, and I'm older than you are, so you must have been really interested in politics when you were about 7 years old to remember just how fantastic he was, lol!

    Still, I do think you're missing the point that he has implemented a fair few policies that you yourself might benefit from.

    aye well... I just don't like the guy.. my opinion but I think a change would be good,
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    aye well... I just don't like the guy.. my opinion but I think a change would be good,

    Charles Kennedy for Prime Minister. :thumb:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    aye well... I just don't like the guy.. my opinion but I think a change would be good,

    So you just said all of that stuff about John Major for effect then?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    So you just said all of that stuff about John Major for effect then?

    :no: just think John major was better than tony blair.. in my opinion.. how did he fuck up?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    :no: just think John major was better than tony blair.. in my opinion.. how did he fuck up?

    His government barely had a majority and couldn't pass much legislation? for example.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    His government barely had a majority and couldn't pass much legislation? for example.

    Mmmm.. Well I don't remember much just that my Dad thought he was good so i suppose I've only heard the good things about him..
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    :no: just think John major was better than tony blair.. in my opinion.. how did he fuck up?

    How do you know he was better than Tony Blair? Seriously, you would have been aged about 2 - 8 years old when he was in power.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    How do you know he was better than Tony Blair? Seriously, you would have been aged about 2 - 8 years old when he was in power.

    Read above post
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Mmmm.. well that is your personal opinion and i respect that but he doesn't want to please us.. he just wants to please bush, hense why his head is up bush's ass

    Hellfire, that is an incredibly ill-informed opinion.

    Someone who didn't want to please the common person wouldn't have:

    improved NHS waiting times.
    brought in the Human Rights Act.
    brought in the Freedom of Information Act.
    brought in the Minimum Wage..
    brought in Sure Start to help disadvantaged children have a better start in life.
    brought in the New Deal.
    cut unemployment to its lowest level in living memory.
    kept inflation and interest rates at their lowest level in living memory.

    For all those who say he's been "shit"- you're talking out of your arse. Particularly with Sure Start, the effects of it will not be felt for anotehr ten to fifteen years, by which time another government will try and claim all the credit.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    David, you absolutely loathe Tony Blair... at least I thought you did! :confused: :eek2:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    David, you absolutely loathe Tony Blair... at least I thought you did! :confused: :eek2:

    yep, I loathe him. Absolutely and totally.

    He's still better than M*j*r or H*w*rd though.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Charles Kennedy for Prime Minister. :thumb:

    :yes:

    I don't like TB, but Kermit's right about what he's done for the country. He used to be good...then he met George Bush...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *x*franki chicken*x*
    I don't like TB, but Kermit's right about what he's done for the country. He used to be good...then he met George Bush...

    We had to stand next to the United States, given our economic dependency on them.

    Last time we argued with the Yanks, they pratcially bankrupted the Scottish cashmere industry, costing hundreds of jobs in lowland Scotland. Although most of our trade is with the EU (notice that, EU-sceptic morons?) the US is an important trading partner.

    Such is life.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Damn Yanks :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *x*franki chicken*x*
    Damn Yanks :(

    I knoooow.

    Every country looks after its own interests (or, its leaders interests to be more exact) first, thats why the US went to war and thats why we stood by them.

    :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :(

    Actually...we were discussing earlier why George Bush got into power...we decided it was mainly because of Daddy Bush.

    He's just soooooooo stupid and stuff :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dubya isn't stupid. I think the drink has addled his brain, but he isn't stupid. It's all a ruse, perpetuated by the left and by thr right.

    The man knows what he's doing, and his advisors know what they're doing.

    Daddy got him into power, of course he did. That and his brother Jeb, who is Governor of Florida (conveniently the knife-edge state, eh?)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Daddy got him into power, of course he did. That and his brother Jeb, who is Governor of Florida (conveniently the knife-edge state, eh?)

    Yeh...mighty convenient that was.

    So...he acts stupid? What would he want to do that for?!
Sign In or Register to comment.