Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Screen is bobbing up and down???

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
Gah i dont understand my monitor was working fine but now the screen keeps kinda bobbing around, only slighty though, but its making my eyes hurt :(

Anyone know what might be wrong with it or what i could try to do to fix it?

cheers

x Gav
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the only thing i can think of is that you either have a speaker or some kind of power source near to your monitor, causing it to bob up and down.

Id check to make sure that the cable is firmly attached from your monitor to PC
  • Options
    The monitor I used in my old office wobbled because of a current running in the electrical wiring in the wall behind my monitor. If you moved it about half a metre away from the current source then the screen was fine. As Jake mentioned above, check your speakers. Also run a degauss (available within the front monitor buttons).

Failing that, it will be time to arrange a swap-out with your manufacturer. As an I.T. technician, I get a number of phonecalls regarding faulty monitors and the manufactuers (especially Logix) are always happy to send a courier out to do a straight swap.
  • Options
    i think it may habe been that running wire cause i did move the monitor and the flickering stopped

cheers for the help

x gav
  • Options
    Re: Screen is bobbing up and down???
    Originally posted by Gavman
    Gah i dont understand my monitor was working fine but now the screen keeps kinda bobbing around, only slighty though, but its making my eyes hurt :(

Anyone know what might be wrong with it or what i could try to do to fix it?

cheers

x Gav

bobbing up and down did you say?

maybe its infected by the w.32.blw.jb virus