Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Glasgooooooooww

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm going in a month for 4 days. Ooooh so where will we go? Whaty should we do? What is the one thing you must do when in Glasgae?

Clubbing? Drinking? Shopping?

How's the trains/buses/metro thingy? Reliable?

ALL THE QUESTIONS!!

SO excited :hyper:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    the underground is nice and simple to use, only goes in two directions.
    Id suggest putting a post in AG telling glaswegians to come and see your post in here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    the underground is nice and simple to use, only goes in two directions.

And, crucially, it doesn't actually go anywhere:p
  • Options
    The St Enoch centres a waste of time, try to get to Braehead if you can. Theres some good things to see and do, and its not dead expensive, merchant citys always a laugh
  • Options
    Ms. Aoife, I shall guide you through all the nice bits. Even the west end *flicks hair* We shall soooo have a gallous Alice night at Clatty Patty's :p

Har.
  • Options
    Getting to close to that dump makes my skin crawl.

However, being slightly more objective -

Avoid the following places like the plague (plague being the operative word there)

Keppochill, Drumry, Parkhead, Hutchesontown, Bridgeton, Dalmarnock, Queenslie, Royston, Glenwood, Easterhouse, Braidfauld, Ibrox, Barlanark, Ashfield, Milton, Wyndford, Summerhill.

Unfortunatley, Glasgow is the most deprived city in the UK, and it's also got the highest murder rate in the UK. It wouldn't be so bad, but they're murdering non-Weegies too. Be careful.

I'm dropping some sort of radioactive/nuclear device in a bin in Govan when I go down to watch the Rangers game on the 31st, so hopefully it'll help the smell if nothing else :razz:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Avoid the following places like the plague (plague being the operative word there)

Keppochill, Drumry, Parkhead, Hutchesontown, Bridgeton, Dalmarnock, Queenslie, Royston, Glenwood, Easterhouse, Braidfauld, Ibrox, Barlanark, Ashfield, Milton, Wyndford, Summerhill.

Sighthill?
  • Options
    Getting to close to that dump makes my skin crawl.

However, being slightly more objective -

Unfortunatley, Glasgow is the most deprived city in the UK, and it's also got the highest murder rate in the UK. It wouldn't be so bad, but they're murdering non-Weegies too. Be careful.

I'm dropping some sort of radioactive/nuclear device in a bin in Govan when I go down to watch the Rangers game on the 31st, so hopefully it'll help the smell if nothing else :razz:

Glasgow doesn't revolve around its crappy estates and shit yanno. Nor does its sectarianism and thuggy neds. If it did, I wouldn't be alive. Nor would any of the other Glaswegian posters on here.

Change the record, honestly.

Aoife, ignore Brian. He's a complete miser with no love for anything which breaks away from Old Father Time tradition, such as wholesome good manners to people you dunno, good wholesome football banter, fishing industry/farming which ideally is completey Scottish themed.

Why on Earth would you want to scare Aoife like that? I mean what the fuck? Why not say anything constructive? Of course it's common sense to avoid the shitey areas - when I went to Dublin I stayed centrally because I didn't fancy wandering about somewhere I didn't know. Same for Paris!

God, so full of advice, aren't you?

A part of her stay is gonna be having a shimmy with me at night, and a shopping spree. I'm not exactly gonna take her to the Barras or fucking Paddy's Market and get her chibbed.

I think someone who's been in Glasgow all her life who gets referred to someone as "A posh, spoilt English school girl with a weegie twang" isn't part of the scum - ie. Neddy mad drunken junkies/hairies - and a reliable source as to say okay, she's not gonna lead the poor lass into the Gorbals at 2AM.

BTW - this is not a personal dig; so don't even begin to say "OMG, coming from someone like you!?" shit. Yeah I said you're similar to Old Father Time, but plenty'd agree. Everyone knows how much you love to run anything slightly Glaswegian related into the ground. THAT was what I'm annoyed about. Nowt else.
  • Options

you forgot helensburgh, dumbarton, airdrie and coatbridge (if they count) but there all the dumps none the less

and i wanna make it known-nothing or no-one ever good comes out of ayr

so just a general rant tbh, im going up in december, cant wait though, catch up with all my mates, see all the people who made me life hell at school queueing outside the dole office with pushchairs always brings a little joy into my life...ahhh

enjoy your time anyhoo its not AS bad as all the scare stories
  • Options
    Hey im aoife's mate who is going to Glsgow with her. Wahoo only two more weekends.All u scottish boys will not be safe with me and aoife around. Dont lock ur selves up or anything we want to have fun in our 24hr bar in the hostel. Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    It'll be great(in a scottish accent)
  • Options
    You missed out Maryhill Bri :(

It isn't all that bad but if I didn't come from here I wouldn't be here. I'm moving to the suburbs when I'm older ;(

Just stay in all the touristy-type areas and you should be fine :p
  • Options
    For anyone that gives a shit....Glasgow is loooovely. I <3 it. Going home tomorrow, sniffle.