Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

MP3 Players with Voice Recording

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Someone I know wants a Dictaphone to record lectures but I suggested they look at a MP3 player with Voice recording, only thing is I'm not sure if most of them with built in Mic's are designed more for recording sounds nearby rather then from a whole room.

Anyone got any experience with using an MP3 for such purposes?

Comments

• Options
    You could try a MiniDisk that lets you record? Could get about a couple of hours on one disk I think.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    You could try a MiniDisk that lets you record? Could get about a couple of hours on one disk I think.

Yes quite true, although they also want something that don't stand out too much if yo know what I mean!!1
  • Options
    I got a mp3 player that records, its got class quality but im gonna sell it soon as you cant get an fm adapter for it so it wont fit my car sound system. Shame tho, its a good lil gadget.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NaRaYaN
    I got a mp3 player that records, its got class quality but im gonna sell it soon as you cant get an fm adapter for it so it wont fit my car sound system. Shame tho, its a good lil gadget.

Which one do you have?

You can get FM Adaptors that plug intot he headphones but I hear the qualiy isn't very good when played over the Fm radio.

I have a small £8 thing I bought at a PC Fair for using the mobile in the car as a handsfree.

You clip it over the speaker and tune the radio to like 106 FM and you can hear the person over the radio and speak normally. Works OK.
  • Options
    I have an Xclef HD-800 but Im just gonna start using a mini disc again i tink, easy to do and i can record through my car stereo.
  • Options
    He ordered a Creative MuVo TX FM (256MB) hope this works OK as a Dictaphone for them as well.
  • Options
    256mb wont be enough if hes recording lectures, specially if he has music on there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NaRaYaN
    256mb wont be enough if hes recording lectures, specially if he has music on there.

It says it can record 16 hours of Audio in Mono, and he can transfer the recordings to PC after so should be plenty, certainly 16 hours is way more then a tape recorder style dictaphone, even if they half fill it with music still give 8 hours left for a day's worth of lectures.