Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

anyone wanna help with my chem h/w

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
okay we reduced ammonium vanadate (v) with zinc amalgam, whilst chucking in solid CO2

what should end oxidation state be, i think CO2 at -50 degrees stops it reducing in a chain like zinc amalgam is supposed to do normally
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sorry bout this...

Sorry I cant help (wot with me being completely allergic to anything remotely to do with chemistry) and cos i dont know the answer...
    I had to go to the chemistry department today cos last year i did a 'chemistry for biologists' course, and the horrid Sellar shouted at me till i gave him a tenner for a bag of silly little peices that you put together to make up molecules. Anyway i never even opened the bag, let alone used the stuff, so today i took it back to get my money back (as promised) and they only gave me £9!! apparently they needed the extra pound to re-bag it or whatever!!!!
    how do you put up with these people??!:crazyeyes

(sorry for having a rant in your homework thread!);)
    andrea sella?

hes one of the best, bit too into his chemistry though

should see hoe much my lab stuff cost me
    No idea.

Which is a great shame cos I'll be doing that same practical in a couple of weeks!

Sella is scary on the outside but quite nice underneath. Imo.
    Yeah I mean andrea sella, hes very into his chemistry but I think hes a bit of a prat, we never really got on.....he shouted at me a lot :rolleyes: