Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dreams

Okay..so I smoke pot, i'd say roughly 1-2 joints a day. Not had any in a while though due to money problems. I noticed every time I go so long without smoking it, say for example...a week if that, I have weird dreams. These are usually pot related, like I'd dream my family find out I smoke it and hate me for it, and then other things like just me rolling a joint and seeing how perfect it is but never gettin to smoke it. Why do I tease myself like this? Is it my conscience's way of telling me I need to quit because I'm gettin in too deep?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'd suggest that these are just standard dream fare, that is to say your brain ordering the days unresolved thought processes during sleep. The reason the pot thing probably sticks out is that it is something that is at the forefront of your thoughts in the daytime, as well as being an action that your brain would recognise as being lucid and meaningful (that is to say that ALOT of dreams are nonsensical and abstract, that is why we tend to remember only dreams that bear resemblence to reality, or so some believe)

yeah well thats my idea, i wouldnt read to deep into it mate (although it is fascinating isnt it :D )
  • Options
    Re: Dreams
    Originally posted by Janjan
    Okay..so I smoke pot, i'd say roughly 1-2 joints a day. Not had any in a while though due to money problems. I noticed every time I go so long without smoking it, say for example...a week if that, I have weird dreams. These are usually pot related, like I'd dream my family find out I smoke it and hate me for it, and then other things like just me rolling a joint and seeing how perfect it is but never gettin to smoke it. Why do I tease myself like this? Is it my conscience's way of telling me I need to quit because I'm gettin in too deep?
    i don't think your getting in too deep at a couple of joints a day.
    i have always had dreams ...lots of them and to put any meaning on the variety and craziness of them all woulfd be impossible.
    the worst kinda dreams ....not nightmares. but jail dreams.
    when in jail ...23hrs a day banged up in a cell ...no toilet no running water no cup of tea no telly no nothing ...lying on a bunk endlessly ...lots of nodding off ...lots of dreams.
    first few weeks the dreams are all about the outside world ...family fun drink drugs sex car shopping whatever ...but dreams about the outside world ...you wake up to find yourself in a depressing fucking jail cell.
    then after a while ...you only dream about being in jail!
    your last escape has escaped you ...even when you dream your in the fucking place1
    "...and all my dreams ...they fall like rain"
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    There is a widely accepted theory that dreaming is your mind's way of downloading all the things that have happened and all your thought processes through the day. If you have been thinking a lot about smoking then it is no suprise it is featuring in your dreams.

What I will say is that if it is causing you that much stress, perhaps you should give it a rest for a while.
  • Options
    hmm...that theory doesnt explain my dream about the world getting flooded and cement..hehe
  • Options
    How can you explain the mind anyway? Just take your dreams.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    How can you explain the mind anyway? Just take your dreams.
    yeah!
  • Options
    ever found an O or something in your dreams, wake up and think "yes i have an O" only to realise its' a dream, happens to me quite often.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    ever found an O or something in your dreams, wake up and think "yes i have an O" only to realise its' a dream, happens to me quite often.
    i sometimes dream i am injecting ...every fucking time i wake up and desperately try to get bak to the dream to finnish off and get the hit ...never ever fucking get back there!
    i could have the pleasure ...tis only a dream so ewhy not ...but no ...i never get that hit.
  • Options
    i dont think tht i have dreams anymore :chin: ..unless i dream the day thts just hapens and i wake up thinking tht i jus did tht day and didnt dream about anything :confused: i used to smoke a few spliffs a day, and i remember having nice dreams and dreams about sex. lol. but now it feels like i dont have any dreams! :(
  • Options
    Oh, i hav no dreams either anymore, the excessive cannabis usage has done something to my dream procces, but if i stop for a couple of days you notice your wierder more fucked up dreams as you've got something in your head back again becausr of quitting the cannabis.
  • Options
    Dreams are so cool. Oh man. The realistic ones are so cool. Sometimes they're really desireable to have it in your real life. It's like a total escape from reality and life.
  • Options
    last dream i had was last nite and it was about IRC :confused:
  • Options
    Good for you.:eek:
  • Options
    thanx :) do i win a medal or a coconut or sumfin?