Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

n00bs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When does a newbie stop becoming a newbie, and become a regular? A sorta spin off of Hellfire's thread. I was just wondering. I know I'm not a newbie anymore though :)

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    When the site elders say so.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i don't actually think it has to do with number of posts but when someone posts, people automatically recognize that person or something like that.
  • Options
    I've been here for two weeks, so I can safely say I will still be a newbie for a little while longer.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    I've been here for two weeks, so I can safely say I will still be a newbie for a little while longer.

And you have that many posts? :/
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*

I have too many posts? Look at fiend_85. She made 3000 posts in two months! And I've actually deleted some of my comments and one of my own threads before I got that total.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*

yes she seems to be the new fiend, she'll cool down on the posting soon enough.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by turlough
    "he".
  • Options

Me, a woman! I'M A MAN! How many f***ing times do I have to point this out? My name is Danny, I am a 19-year old male. GOT THAT? I am getting fed up of site members mistaking me for a woman! It's happened in real life! Once I went past a building site and some builders whistled at me saying I had a lovely arse. Once I looked round, they noticed I'm no woman! What do I have to do to prove I'm a f***ing bloke?
  • Options
    Am I?
  • Options
    Me, a woman! I'M A MAN! How many f***ing times do I have to point this out? My name is Danny, I am a 19-year old male. GOT THAT? I am getting fed up of site members mistaking me for a woman! It's happened in real life! Once I went past a building site and some builders whistled at me saying I had a lovely arse. Once I looked round, they noticed I'm no woman! What do I have to do to prove I'm a f***ing bloke?

no come on, the name stargalaxy has female connotations and a picture of a star is pretty womanlike so fuck up.
  • Options
    I have too many posts? Look at fiend_85. She made 3000 posts in two months! And I've actually deleted some of my comments and one of my own threads before I got that total.

You have loads of posts. Omgosh.
  • Options

Me, a woman! I'M A MAN! How many f***ing times do I have to point this out? My name is Danny, I am a 19-year old male. GOT THAT?

You need to chill.

If you didnt have a girly name then people wouldnt think you were female........OK :rolleyes:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    You need to chill.

If you didnt have a girly name then people wouldnt think you were female........OK :rolleyes:

Are you a bloke?

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Are you a bloke?

:p

Not last time I looked :p
  • Options
    i don't actually think it has to do with number of posts but when someone posts, people automatically recognize that person or something like that.
    thats how it goes with me too ...been here two weeks and i know them kinda thing ...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    thats how it goes with me too ...been here two weeks and i know them kinda thing ...

You may well know them. But how well do they know the other siters. It takes time aswell as posts IMO.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    So theres no bickering, I've decided.. I'm a n00b... heh :p

Now thats fucked 95% of you, cause your all n00bs too ;):lol:
  • Options
    A N00b has to be someone that no-one really knows...or remembers coz if we all know them then they arent N00bs are they?

does that make sense?
  • Options
    if i was in charge of this board i would remove post counts. I see a lot of people posting crap just so their post count goes up and so they can get xyz posts and not be a "n00b" anymore. the switchover from n00b to regular siter or whatever should come from quality of posts, not quantity as some people round here think
  • Options
    By yhe way, a n00b is different from a newbie. :).
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0
    if i was in charge of this board i would remove post counts. I see a lot of people posting crap just so their post count goes up and so they can get xyz posts and not be a "n00b" anymore. the switchover from n00b to regular siter or whatever should come from quality of posts, not quantity as some people round here think

I hate the post count thing to - I am sure I am still a newbie though it feels like I have been here forever

x
  • Options
    n00b

1. A person online who is new and/or unfamiliar with the environment.

1. Someone new to something.

looks the same to me :p
  • Options
    You're all newbies.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    You're all newbies.

Too right.

ETA - I came here in Oct 2002, but had to re-register. :yes: So I am SOOO un-newbie like. Ooh yar.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0

I endorse this idea with an official hoi :thumb:
  • Options
    N00b is actually a term used towards someone who is new but is also an annoying & whining player/poster, etc.

A newbie is just someone who is new & just tries to get along with everyone.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Bah, you're all newbies. Apart from Mr Taylor.

Thank you for that, Miss Smith (or should that be Mrs Quinn? :p)
  • Options
    Not quite yet :p