Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

surely a good thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
bloody hate people who own 'holiday' homes in uk, turnig villages and towns into ghost towns, even when they are there they dont intereact, as they take all food with them

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/3698936.stm

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good points all.

But £1.2m is surely a drop in the ocean.
    Why on earth is their a council tax discount on second homes at all? :confused:

I assume all those that complain rabidly about immigration problems will regard those that buy homes in Spain in the same light that they regard the dastardly threat of illegal asylum seekers i.e. scum of the earth? :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    Why on earth is their a council tax discount on second homes at all? :confused:
    If you think about what council tax pays for (rubbish collection, libraries, public services, primary schools etc.), it seems pretty reasonable. People with holiday homes don't use their full share of those services.
    Originally posted by Kentish
    If you think about what council tax pays for (rubbish collection, libraries, public services, primary schools etc.), it seems pretty reasonable. People with holiday homes don't use their full share of those services.

Good point but if you have more than one car, you expect to pay the full car tax on each one, so why not expect two sets of bills for your two houses.
    here we go ...so lifes not fair ...lets make some more fucking rules about what wre can and cannot do ...what we can own what we can use ...
    more laws less justice!
    maybe we should chuck this fucking idea of freedom all together.
    yes i know that freedom comes with responsibilities but ...the way it's going it will be all responsibilities and no fucking freedom whatsoever.
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Good point but if you have more than one car, you expect to pay the full car tax on each one, so why not expect two sets of bills for your two houses.
    You pay vehicle excise duty for the privilege of being able to drive on public roads, regardless of mileage. Not really the same as council tax.

It's fair to grant a discount to those with second homes in theory. But when you consider how wealthy you have to be to afford two houses, it seems less fair. That's life.
    under the rules for road tax ...you pay the fucking thing even if your car only goes two miles a year!
    we cannot and should not ...but i'm sure todays people are going to prove me wrong ...legislate against everything that is dangerous difficult a little unfair ...the way it's going ...if my house becomes infested with rats ...i'll not be able to kill them in anyway i see fit ...gun, poison. electrocution ...i'll have to do it as nice as possible ...the rats will be laughing their evil little fucking arses off!
    seagulls ...kill as many of them as possible ...by whatever means you see fit ...they are disease carriers ...they attack old and young people in broad daylight and inflict serious injury ...but no ...be nice to them.
    so there will only be help for disabled people and old people to buy homes????? what about the rest of them. SO it will be disabled people, oldies and holidaymakers only?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    under the rules for road tax ...you pay the fucking thing even if your car only goes two miles a year!
    we cannot and should not ...but i'm sure todays people are going to prove me wrong ...legislate against everything that is dangerous difficult a little unfair ...the way it's going ...if my house becomes infested with rats ...i'll not be able to kill them in anyway i see fit ...gun, poison. electrocution ...i'll have to do it as nice as possible ...the rats will be laughing their evil little fucking arses off!
    seagulls ...kill as many of them as possible ...by whatever means you see fit ...they are disease carriers ...they attack old and young people in broad daylight and inflict serious injury ...but no ...be nice to them.
    ^ Random rant ^ :confused:
    Originally posted by Kentish
    ^ Random rant ^ :confused:
    yeah sorry.
    but kill seaguls wherever you see them!
    Well I personally hate caravans. Caravan owners should be shot if they so much as venture onto a road during the day. They're worse than tractors, in the respect that tractors HAVE to use the roads.
    People with crapavans are just gits who do it to annoy me.
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Well I personally hate caravans. Caravan owners should be shot if they so much as venture onto a road during the day. They're worse than tractors, in the respect that tractors HAVE to use the roads.
    People with crapavans are just gits who do it to annoy me.
    and your going to be sat at the side of the road one day in your patrol car ...you hate 4x4's ...you hate rich people ...you hate caravan owners ...
    no wonder so many people hate the fucking police!